Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hitch for Bike Rack on Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed Curt 31449 on my April 2019 SR+. None of the bumper re-installations issues. The advice on re-insallation help a ton. Started in the middle underneath then worked both sides separately.
I did have a HELL of a time trying to install the crash bar. I followed the standard instructions to install the hitch to the car then install the crash bar but the bolts would not line up with the outer crash bar holes so I could tighten the middle and lower bolts due to them not flush with access holes. I worked it 2 hours. on the car and got real fed up. Took the hitch off the car and after some real effort I just managed to get it on and torque it to spec. Then installed the tow hitch with mounted crash bar to the car.

I did not have the access panel but I did have the tow wiring which I routed down to the hitch for future consideration. Cancellation of my model Y order after 2 months forced my hand to install a tow hitch to my Model 3 for my 75 pound Voltbike.

Curt Hitch Thread for M3 seems the 31449 does not install perfectly on Model 3 with new hitch trap door see here Curt Hitch Install Question

The hitch from etrailer.com showed up on time and I installed it yesterday. Installation went really well and took about 2 hours. 2" receiver is removable although I don't find the look offensive. IMG_20201003_152237.jpg

There is several old threads about it. I got mine from U-Haul (which uses Curt hitch). I found it has best price for the hitch and the installation. It's good to find a U-Haul location where they've done Tesla Model 3 installation. I'm sure there is one (or more) U-Haul location in GTA where they've done multiple of these installations.

The hitch price is $199.95 CDN, plus ~$120 for the installation.

U-Haul: Trailer Hitches & Towing Accessories