Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HK roads and 21" rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi every one,

How many people have gone for the 21" rims and what has been your experience?

I've for the 21" rims and smart suspension options on my P85D but am considering changing it.

Are the roads very bumpy with the 21"? HK has so many pot holes and poor road surfaces.

Got the 21' in Matt and has air suspension. Totally pleased with the ride and more comfy than the pana.

One surprising fact fact is I did lose quite a few wheel lug cap covers, six in total from all the bumpy rides and cornering... Friendly team at tesla promptly replaced them at last service.

depends how picky you are.
i have the 21. i rode in my friend's with 19in, and i noticed the ride was definitely 'softer' and quieter. it was noticeable (to me).
21 is also very prone to curb rashes...
if i buy again, i will go with the 19in cyclones. but that's just me. 21in definitely look cooler.

yah, they are a lot lighter than factory.

2015-03-14 15.52.11.jpg
2015-03-14 15.52.13.jpg

I haven't had the time to test it out. Been away for work. But I did notice my average kwh is up, not sure why yet, need to drive more. My milage still under 500km. :)

Last edited:
I want to get new rims for my model S. How much are the tires and rims for 21" ? What is the range? Thanks

The factory staggered 21" are 245/35/21 front 265/35/21 rear. The wheel width I BELIEVE are 8.5" front 9" rear (max you can fit on the rear is 275 width tire).

Ordering a set of 20" rotary forged wheels and thought about going non-staggered and putting all season touring tires on there for the comfort and noise but decided to keep them staggered because I like the wide stance look at the back LOL (yes vanity)

But like one of the first few replies said, I also came from a Lexus and the 21" aren't harsh at all IMO