Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home delivered, surface rust, rocker damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car got delivered today. Full of snow, could barely see out of it. Took it for a wash and inspected it to find this.
Wonder how this damage happened.

Attachments

• IMG_20200228_154805.jpg
    IMG_20200228_154805.jpg
    711 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_20200228_154857.jpg
    IMG_20200228_154857.jpg
    525.7 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_20200228_155354.jpg
    IMG_20200228_155354.jpg
    552.9 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_20200228_160750.jpg
    IMG_20200228_160750.jpg
    486.9 KB · Views: 355
This is why I’m not a fan of home delivery. I want to inspect the car indoors in a controlled and well lit environment before I decide whether or not to accept the car. You can’t inspect a car properly when it is covered with snow or rain, or if it is being delivered to you outside in the dark.

Hopefully Tesla will address your concerns. Otherwise you have the 7 day return period.

Home delivery sucks. My Model 3 was delivered 2 months ago now. I had no idea that it was on its way despite Tesla saying that the delivery company would provide a link to track the car. By the time the car was delivered it was dark so no chance to check the car. Drivers (there were 2) departed after 10 minutes and very very brief instruction on the car. Good thing YouTube has lots of very useful videos!!
The next day I got to look at my new car - it still had all the labels and protective plastic on it as if it had not been prepared for delivery. The inside of the car was filthy - the delivery drivers has not used any protective mats! There are some scuffs inside on the back of the passenger seat, and a faulty door seal on the rear passenger side door as well as a slightly out off alignment rear bumper.
Subsequently I have found that the screen randomly does not come on for a few minutes after getting into the car and that the temperature sensors are faulty so I cannot cool or heat the car (which would be great given that the UK is experiencing some nice weather!).
All this has been communicated to Tesla. A mobile technician was due to visit 4th May (Star Wars Day) but that was postponed until 12th May which was further postponed until 27th May. (I'm not holding my breath that the technician's visit will not be delayed further!)
Add to this that it took Tesla 18 days to associate my car with my Tesla account!!
I get a lot of apologies from the various Tesla service personnel that I have spoken to but little in the way of concrete action.
The car will be great (once all the faults are fixed) but I am so disappointed with Tesla's customer service.
Anyone else think so?

My car got delivered today. Full of snow, could barely see out of it. Took it for a wash and inspected it to find this.
Wonder how this damage happened.

My M3P was home delivered from Dedham, MA, in 2020 April, with 55 miles on the odometer. I agree with others who have said that home delivery sucks. It was also further degraded by the social distancing required here for COVID. There were multiple fit and finish issues, mostly fixed at the Watertown service center.

In the 2nd picture, that appears to be a door, which is aluminum, so it can't be rust. In the 3rd and 4th pictures of the right front fender, it looks like there is a Tesla mud flap. Was that standard equipment in Canada? That should prevent the rust shown in the post from Juanpelota. Good luck and please let us know the outcome.

Sorry for lack of update.
They wouldn't fix inside the rocker, said it isn't rust.

Used touch up paint everywhere else...I then just wrapped the rockers in clear bra.

I also found on the side of the car they missed a part of the door when painting. I couldn't tell in the winter because it wasn't bright enough plus the car was never clean. It looks like part of the car is in the sun differently as you can almost see through the blue. Very disappointing.

Definitely not a great way to start a relationship. Besides one other thing, the car is great. My left front makes a noise going over bumps/potholes etc. that sounds like a loose strut mount or something.

I love the car though.

Home delivery sucks. My Model 3 was delivered 2 months ago now. I had no idea that it was on its way despite Tesla saying that the delivery company would provide a link to track the car. By the time the car was delivered it was dark so no chance to check the car. Drivers (there were 2) departed after 10 minutes and very very brief instruction on the car. Good thing YouTube has lots of very useful videos!!
The next day I got to look at my new car - it still had all the labels and protective plastic on it as if it had not been prepared for delivery. The inside of the car was filthy - the delivery drivers has not used any protective mats! There are some scuffs inside on the back of the passenger seat, and a faulty door seal on the rear passenger side door as well as a slightly out off alignment rear bumper.
Subsequently I have found that the screen randomly does not come on for a few minutes after getting into the car and that the temperature sensors are faulty so I cannot cool or heat the car (which would be great given that the UK is experiencing some nice weather!).
All this has been communicated to Tesla. A mobile technician was due to visit 4th May (Star Wars Day) but that was postponed until 12th May which was further postponed until 27th May. (I'm not holding my breath that the technician's visit will not be delayed further!)
Add to this that it took Tesla 18 days to associate my car with my Tesla account!!
I get a lot of apologies from the various Tesla service personnel that I have spoken to but little in the way of concrete action.
The car will be great (once all the faults are fixed) but I am so disappointed with Tesla's customer service.
Anyone else think so?

It ha now been over 3 months since my Model 3 (SR+) was delivered. Unsurprisingly, the Tesla technician's visit for 27th May was cancelled and rearranged (without any communication) to 22nd June. Again, not holding out much hope that the forthcoming technician's visit will not take place. Screen did not come on for the whole of a 25 minute journey last week!
Totally exasperated and fed up with Tesla's poor customer service.

Sorry for lack of update.
They wouldn't fix inside the rocker, said it isn't rust.

Used touch up paint everywhere else...I then just wrapped the rockers in clear bra.

Are those Tesla mud flaps? Were they standard in CanaDa?

I also found on the side of the car they missed a part of the door when painting. I couldn't tell in the winter because it wasn't bright enough plus the car was never clean. It looks like part of the car is in the sun differently as you can almost see through the blue. Very disappointing.

Definitely not a great way to start a relationship. Besides one other thing, the car is great. My left front makes a noise going over bumps/potholes etc. that sounds like a loose strut mount or something.

I love the car though.

Home delivery sucks.
I guess you mean YOUR home delivery sucks. Mine was great. Yup, some are great and some not so good.
I had several days to note issues and either return the car or have them come fix issues. I had a concern about slight door misalignment. They came out 2 days later to correct it by mobile tech. Maybe experience varies by location. Definitely a mix of happy and unhappy owners.

I guess you mean YOUR home delivery sucks. Mine was great. Yup, some are great and some not so good.
I had several days to note issues and either return the car or have them come fix issues. I had a concern about slight door misalignment. They came out 2 days later to correct it by mobile tech. Maybe experience varies by location. Definitely a mix of happy and unhappy owners.
Great to hear a positive comment. I'm sure it varies by location, customer expectations, Tesla representatives, and individual cars. My experience is improving thanks to the perseverance of a Service Advisor at Watertown MA.. Thanks for posting!

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert