Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Delivery at an Apartment Building?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, sorry for the new thread—but, I could not find anything about a home delivery experience while living in an apartment complex. I am just wondering if anyone has any advice on what to expect? My delivery appointment is scheduled for this Friday and there is no parking lot for them to just park. I am somewhat concerned they will either park the car in an hourly lot or try to find street parking somewhere near by. I have heard that they will typically call a day or two before hand to run through what to expect. I am just a bit nervous given the lack of parking availability around me—let alone most of the surface lots are gravel (despite also needing permits to park there). Thanks!

Reactions: backlash224
This sounds like a situation where home delivery is not the right approach, to me at least. If I were you, OP, I would be trying to figure out how to pick up the car myself.

I think tesla farms out home delivery, so I dont think its tesla employees doing it, and the person is going to want to deliver and move on.

Just tell them where to park that is close enough to walk to for you. Where does the FedEx truck park?
They can park on the red curb or by a fire hydrant.
You are going to meet them there and the car isn't going to be "parked" for long.
The paperwork and authorizing your phone is like 5 minutes, so most of the time is going to be you walking around and checking the car for defects.
And you get 100 miles / 7 days to report defects as well, so you'll have time to do this on your own.

They call you the day before, also text you in the morning, on the way there, when they are there. There's enough communication for you to get ready.

Mine was delivered by a Tesla employee from the nearby service center.

This sounds like a situation where home delivery is not the right approach, to me at least. If I were you, OP, I would be trying to figure out how to pick up the car myself.

I think tesla farms out home delivery, so I dont think its tesla employees doing it, and the person is going to want to deliver and move on.
I don't have the number to my delivery center. I have tried a general chat and texting my SA. So far nothing has changed to just let me go there to pick it up. My Delivery center is only 9 miles away, so I would not mind the drive to go get it.

Just tell them where to park that is close enough to walk to for you. Where does the FedEx truck park?
They can park on the red curb or by a fire hydrant.
You are going to meet them there and the car isn't going to be "parked" for long.
The paperwork and authorizing your phone is like 5 minutes, so most of the time is going to be you walking around and checking the car for defects.
And you get 100 miles / 7 days to report defects as well, so you'll have time to do this on your own.

They call you the day before, also text you in the morning, on the way there, when they are there. There's enough communication for you to get ready.

Mine was delivered by a Tesla employee from the nearby service center.

Yeah there really isnt much parking near me. The Amazon/Fedex ect cars just park in the road and take up one of the lanes of traffic with their hazards on while they run in to delivery packages. I don't live on a incredibly busy street, but it is busy enough I feel that would be an inconvenience for people and I would be scared of someone just running into the car.

I don't have any big parking lots near me that are free that is the problem. Downside of living in a downtown urban area I guess.

I live pretty close to DTLA and they scheduled home delivery for me even though I live in an apartment, I just told them to park around streets that I know have decent amount of street parking. They just parked the car and left.
That is good to know! I am sure they will find a spot even if it is a few blocks away. It is at 10am so a lot of people who are at work will be gone and should free up some street parking. Thanks for your response!

I don't have the number to my delivery center. I have tried a general chat and texting my SA. So far nothing has changed to just let me go there to pick it up. My Delivery center is only 9 miles away, so I would not mind the drive to go get it.
I came up to a similar situation here in CA, except where I am there is literally no parking (street parking is usually full during the day, and there are no free parking lots around). However, I told my SA beforehand long ago the situation about parking and said I wanted to pick up at a delivery center. When the time came, the app/system still had me set for home delivery, but I reached out to my SA and he helped me change it to delivery center pick up.

So I would keep trying to reach out to your SA about changing it. They should be able to do so (mine happened to occasionally work at the delivery center so it was easy for him to change though).

I came up to a similar situation here in CA, except where I am there is literally no parking (street parking is usually full during the day, and there are no free parking lots around). However, I told my SA beforehand long ago the situation about parking and said I wanted to pick up at a delivery center. When the time came, the app/system still had me set for home delivery, but I reached out to my SA and he helped me change it to delivery center pick up.

So I would keep trying to reach out to your SA about changing it. They should be able to do so (mine happened to occasionally work at the delivery center so it was easy for him to change though).

I can text the SA person I have but they are located in Las Vegas, so I am not entirely sure if they can just swap it over for me. I will check with them tomorrow and see if there is anyway to get it changed without a delay in the delivery date.