Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home doesn’t hold

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the best thing is to see what location the car thinks you are at when you stop at home , then save that as a favourite or as home and you should be good. For some reason the GPS had me off by one house number as well.

So the best thing is to see what location the car thinks you are at when you stop at home , then save that as a favourite or as home and you should be good. For some reason the GPS had me off by one house number as well.
So you didn't actually enter your home address, but rathe let the car pick what was home. I don't think this is my issue, but thanks for the suggestion.

make sure you aren't setting things on easy entry and not on your normal user. This was happening to me and I realized I had changed settings on one profile and didn't have it on the other.
I only had mine set for me and not easy entry, but I have tried then setting both, but haven't had time to see if it then holds. Something is causing the home setting to clear almost every time I come home. I don't know if there is a glitch in the software or I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for trying to help.

I notice Sentry turns on when at my home after an update. I toggle the Sentry Off At Home box off and back on, and it seems to work. The doors also are locked when they are not supposed to be locked at home.
I thought this might be the case also, but yesterday I set Home and a few hours later I came out to the garage and believe it or not the home was cleared.

Reactions: DerbyDave
When you keep saying "home was cleared" - are you saying that the "Exclude Home" checkbox under Sentry settings became unchecked (and therefore that Sentry was enabled)?
When you keep saying "home was cleared" - are you saying that the "Exclude Home" checkbox under Sentry settings became unchecked (and therefore that Sentry was enabled)?
Thanks for the kind response, but no the exclude home remains checked, but the home address that was saved is no longer there. It's like it was never set.

I have a 2023 S, non-Plaid, and also had the problem of Home and Work addresses not saving in Navigation. I took it to a Tesla service center. Turns out I had a USB-C drive that was too large. Per the technician, I needed to get a 128GB USB-C thumb drive and this no longer happens.