Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home link garage door issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone. Had my Model S for about two weeks now and loving every moment of it.

The only real "issue" I have has so far is with syncing my garage door to the car. I can get my garage door synced to the home link system of my Model S and it works just fine, the strange part is when I do so it disables my other two handheld garage door openers? I went through the process of resetting the entire garage door system, synced up my handheld openers (confirmed that it worked on both) but then once again when I completed the process on my Tesla the handhelds no longer work anymore. It like the Tesla process overrides the handhelds ... anyone got any ideas or had a similar situation?

Thanks in advance.

Old thread, but having the same exact issue. Did you (or anyone else) ever find a solution?

We have 2 separate garage doors. One is completely blocked with my in law's crap, so we cannot enter/exit through it. The other one is linked to the Tesla's homelink, but has disabled my wife's garage door remote. Just more convenient for us to enter through garage instead of front door.

I just did the homelink setup and both my Tesla and remote work with the garage door I linked them to. I have 2 different doors with 2 (same model) openers. I believe that the systems for the past 30 years all use rolling codes. Perhaps your Tesla advances the rolling code beyond what your remotes do and so they are not synced. I would program your Tesla first and then your remote and see if that solves the issue (as the Tesla likely has a greater range of rolling codes since its likely newer than your remote). Otherwise Tesla is available to help.

Reactions: reghoustonguy
FYI, my other garage door has a keypad linked to that opener and it also works (it was not programmed). I plan on adding that door to the homelink controls later (name them East and West). That way, if I ever want to just enter the house but not key in the code, I can do so. You have a limit of 3 homelink devices to link to.

Reactions: reghoustonguy
*Issue resolved* I appreciate your input @croman . It was a quick 30 sec fix. I just had to reprogram my remote to the garage door. Now the homelink and both remotes work perfectly! How to reprogram remote:

Reactions: croman