Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink - but with 2 button gate control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As above, how do I get that to work? Tried standing in front of car pressing both buttons (one then the other) but no joy??? Have a MS 75D in the UK and the gate is an unknown system but the bleeper has 2 buttons and you press one then the other to open the gate.

If it isn't Homelink, it won't work. Many things, like gate openers aren't Homelink.

Homelink pretty much unheard of here in UK, yet many items will work, and many will - its luck of the draw - oddly, its the basic ones (fixed code 433.92MHz) that I have found not to work even though many similar on UK compatibility guide. I've got 3 devices, none are homelink, but 1 of the 3 can be programmed, but yet to be in a position to see if it physically operates the gates.

A non comprehensive list here https://homelink.com/assets/downloads/homelink_ukenglish.pdf

If you have a non-compatible gate/garage door setup, you can add another receiver that is compatible with Homelink (and your Tesla). It may be best to buy a garage door receiver that comes with it's own fob, so you can program the car.

These garage door receivers have relay contacts that open or close, when operated. The Normally Open contacts of the receiver can be attached to the garage door controller connections for an external switch. Some receivers can also be powered from the 24V supply on the garage door controller.

OK thanks for the info.

The gates are to a development so I'd be unpopular fiddling with that :)

Is there a relatively simple way to build some form of re-transmitter? Thinking maybe that could receive the homelink signal and that would trigger it to release the required one? - though not sure why the current fob has 2 buttons that must be pressed sequentially.

Homelink pretty much unheard of here in UK, yet many items will work, and many will - its luck of the draw - oddly, its the basic ones (fixed code 433.92MHz) that I have found not to work even though many similar on UK compatibility guide. I've got 3 devices, none are homelink, but 1 of the 3 can be programmed, but yet to be in a position to see if it physically operates the gates.

A non comprehensive list here https://homelink.com/assets/downloads/homelink_ukenglish.pdf

It's unheard of in the US as well. But it is generally stamped on the box or in the instructions. People just think that they are getting a garage door opener.

• Funny
Reactions: .jg.