Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink disappears too quickly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys.
Telsa makes it almost impossible to contact them with suggestions/requests so I will post my Homelink issue here and hope that it somehow is viewed by Tesla.
I live in an apartment complex that has roughly 450 apartments and 3 separate entry gates, 2 have Inbound and Outbound gates, 1 has Outbound only).
You can only program Homelink on the gates so I have Inbound and Outbound programed on the main gate and the Outbound only gate and use the "main gate," probably 90 percent of the time.
The issue that I have is both the road to get to the Inbound and Outbound gates is not a straight shot so you need to keep your eye on the road.
And by the time that you are near the main gate, the Homelink Inbound or Outbound icon disappears and I have to click on the Homelink icon that is on the upper right corner of the Controls screen, to have Homelink open the gate.
This is not a show stopper but a minor inconvenience that requires a time adjustment to enable Homelink to be displayed a little longer and being that Homelink is an OEM product, I don't know if Tesla can do anything to extend the time that the Inbound and Outbound icons are displayed.
And I have another unrelated Homelink issue that is when the Inbound gate opens, my mirrors fold even-though my parking spot is quite a distance away.
The mirrors unfold maybe 5 seconds later but they remain unfolded after I park my car.
Thanks for bearing with my bitching and moaning
Bob

You can reset the location of your HomeLink devices to be closer to the gate — see the “Resetting the Location…” section of this manual page for details: https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/models/en_us/GUID-48B8F8C3-E7E0-4F7F-ABB6-E04FE7527628.html.

The mirror folding behavior can be changed in multple ways. The same manual page has instructions for associating mirror folding behavior with HomeLink. You can also adjust mirror folding behavior based on location — see this page for details: https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/models/en_us/GUID-3EFBA9D5-76B6-468D-BBD0-9090C0E05F22.html

Tesla does not monitor this forum.