Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink issues.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My refreshed MS90D, I have my garages at my house connected and my gate at the office as well. None are on auto open. I pull up to the gate at the office and it works great everytime. At home I back into the driveway and garage. When I am backing in I have to hit the "button" several times to get it to open, often not opening till I am 6 inches or so from the garage door. I imagine its because I am backing in. Any work around other than a normal garage door opener on the visor or pulling in straight?

sometimes when the car boots up, for some reason the garage opening/closing command may not properly broadcast and the door fails to open/close or stops part way through. Usually rebooting and/or letting the car sit off for a few minutes locked will recover the control, otherwise use the garage door button or carry a spare opener. Mine rarely has an issue, only about 4 or 5 times in the past nine months and I use it daily several times.

I had continuous problems with mine for about 6 months (sometimes would work, mostly not). I had the garage door installer (Overhead Door brand, opener was about a year old) come out and test the unit. He replaced the main board and checked signal strength, all checked out good. Door still didn't work any better. I put up with it for another month or two and wound up replacing the opener. I went with a Chamberlain brand and once it was installed, all of my issues went away. My solution was unfortunately costly, but has resulted in much less frustration for me.

I think the sender in the S is in the back of the frunk so it's signal is likely not very great out the back of the car. I ordered a Liftmaster 850LM and installed the antenna outside and a bit above our garage door. Even backing up it works from 50' away.