Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink - Standard or D-Model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I live in a large apartment complex that has several gates to enter and exit the complex and would appreciate if someone can please advise me if I use Standard or D-Model to program Homelink?
Thank you
Bob
You can find more information in the manual, but the difference - from what I remember when I set up mine - is that one of those modes is for a device that has a "learn" button on it (like a lot of garage door openers do) and the other was for when you have to "copy" the output from an existing remote opener device. For that latter one, you stand in front of the vehicle with the existing remote and hold the button down until the lights flash. Again, the manual will tell you which is which. I assume for these gates they would NOT have a button as that would be insecure and that you have to copy an existing remote's signal.

Hello again.
I am now able to open and close the 3 gates in my community but have another issue that maybe you can help me with.
When I clink on the appropriate Homelink icon, the gate opens but my side view mirrors close.
Any thoughts of what may be going on?
Thank you
Bob