Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Homelink is installed on my 2021 Model Y for entry/exit at 2 different barrier gate arms.
I need to install Homelink on a 3rd barrier gate arm and my question is, can I add the 3rd barrier gate arm to the existing configuration or do I have to install the 3 barrier gate arms at the same time?
Thank you
Bob

Homelink is installed on my 2021 Model Y for entry/exit at 2 different barrier gate arms.
I need to install Homelink on a 3rd barrier gate arm and my question is, can I add the 3rd barrier gate arm to the existing configuration or do I have to install the 3 barrier gate arms at the same time?
Thank you
Bob

If I understand the question (which appears to be) can I add another homelink device after I have programmed one or two of them) the answer is yes, you can add another device after you have programmed the first two, at a different time.

I think that would depend on whether they have different codes for setup. Every place I have been that has an outbound gate, that gate is usually dependent on the weight of the vehicle to open the gate OUT of a property.

Are you sure it requires a button press to get out (not just one to get in)? In any case the answer to this would be "if its a different code, it would be a different device", but the way you would know if it was a different code would be if they either gave you 2 different remotes to get in and out, or gave you a remote with more than one button AND require you to press button 1 to get in AND button 2 to get out.

Thank you JJ. I appreciate your help.
Actually they didn't give me any remote controls.
We have security guards at the 3 entrances and instead of stopping to verify myself, and have them open the gate, I bought the Homelink device.
My guess is that they have 2 different frequencies since only the inbound or outbound gate opens if I press Homelink or the security guard opens the gate.
I will verify this with security but I am almost sure that I will have to pick which 3 gates will use Homelink and the remaining 2 gates will opened by security.
Thank you again for straightening this out for me JJ.
Bob

Hello Rider.
I have a unique situation.
I live in a CCRC (Continuous Care Retirement Community) that has roughly 450 apartments and they don't provide us with remote controls.
And expanding on my reply to JJ, I had to program Incoming and Outgoing at the same location individually so I have to believe that I can only program 1 more gate and will have to decide which of the remaining 3 gates I should program.
Thank you for your help Rider
Bob