Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HomeLink Version?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Atari2600

Oct 4, 2017
Cincinnati
I cannot find what version HomeLink the Model 3 uses. I asked the local Tesla reps and service center folks and they did not know. Does anyone know? Everything I have seen suggests version 4 since it seems to support rolling codes. Version 5 added two way communication so the opener will inform the car when a door is opening or closing and when it is finished doing so. I think most Chamberlain, LiftMaster and Craftsman openers made after 2014 have it. There is really no excuse for a Tesla to ever drive into a closing garage door with a supported v5 HomeLink setup. My opener two way data even works with HomeKit and IFTTT but that's beyond the scope of the question.

Here is a 5 year old video describing HomeLink v5. Start at 0:30 to avoid the pointless intro.

Interesting, had no idea homelink actually had different versions. You’re probably better off emailing Tesla directly instead of asking your service center for an answer. Won’t do me any good though with my “ancient” opener from 2013.

Also yeah, what’s up with that video intro? Using remote start 2 seconds before you get in the car? Really? o_O

• Funny
Reactions: Ejl80
Interesting, had no idea homelink actually had different versions. You’re probably better off emailing Tesla directly instead of asking your service center for an answer. Won’t do me any good though with my “ancient” opener from 2013.

Also yeah, what’s up with that video intro? Using remote start 2 seconds before you get in the car? Really? o_O
Your review of the video actually got me to watch it. Basic models only get a green light. Chevy Cruze owners... you aren't allowed to have anything more. Sorry, the home link gods demand it.