Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Honest opinion/looking for reassurance; located in central Ohio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you say "fix on the spot" does that mean they deal with issues I point out that very moment and I wait around there or leave and come back to officially take delivery once things are fixed?
Either way, but I don't think I have heard of the option number 2 being offered unless the damage was so bad you'd want to refuse delivery anyway even if fixed. It's either "let us fix this right this moment" or "accept delivery and we'll fix it later" (which is most likely a lie so never fall for it. Demand things fixed before accepting delivery or be ready to live with them broken forever because things magically become in-spec once you actually take delivery)

Also obviously for any of this to work it's absolutely 100% important to never pay in advance until you accept delivery. I am not sure how that works in practical terms if you are financing the car (so probably don't), but with both a lease and no financing basically just don't give them the check with the whatever amount due until you are sure you are accepting the car.

I wish people would quit thinking of Tesla as a "luxury car". Sure, they're expensive, but the battery pack alone costs around $30,000, or the price of a whole 'nother car. Show me a car with a $30,000 gas tank and tell me it's a "luxury car" because of it.

And yes, I have heard of cars being delivered without being aligned at the factory. My local dealer aligned mine. As to "build", I've never had any issues. ZERO. Maybe you ought to switch back to Toyotas.

Are you implying the X is a *not* a luxury car?

Toyota makes some great vehicles. I've never had one with some of the failures and misalignments that my X have had. What a weird thing to say.

Toyota makes some great vehicles. I've never had one with some of the failures and misalignments that my X have had. What a weird thing to say.
No Tesla has ever qualified as luxury in my eyes, premium is definitely the word I would use to describe the X. In terms of features and comfort I don't think any S or X compares to a flagship Mercedes or Audi, much less a Bentley or Rolls Royce.

Reactions: Art VandeIay

Toyota QC is legendary. Friends I know that worked for them say when they find a defect on the line station, they shut down right now and fix it, rather than wait until maintenance periods at shift end.

No Tesla has ever qualified as luxury in my eyes, premium is definitely the word I would use to describe the X. In terms of features and comfort I don't think any S or X compares to a flagship Mercedes or Audi, much less a Bentley or Rolls Royce.

I guess I use luxury and premium interchangeably. Maybe "flagship" is a better word. I would slot Tesla as a competitor with the other common auto mfgs. I wouldn't include Bentley, RR, etc.

Reactions: jboy210
A "flagship" is a brand's top-of-the-line model. The S & X are flagship Teslas, but premium performance probably best describes their classification. For instance, even if the S & X are more powerful and efficient than the EQS, they aren't necessarily in the same class. There could arguably be grades/levels of "premium" and "luxury" too, like maybe a Buick is entry- or semi- premium while the vehicles a model S & X would compete with are some higher premium grade. Brands like Bentley and Rolls, on the other hand, could arguably be ultra-luxury or something with lower grades of luxury existing. At the end of the day, Tesla is about technology, and lots of entry models have lots of technology anymore. In my mind, luxury is about driver and passenger comfort. As far as I'm concerned, Tesla struggles on that front.

Reactions: ngng
I vouch for Columbus, 8 years now, rangers drove to Parkersburg WV x5, I took car in, always the same great service, problem solved or explanation why not and how to proceed.

You are lucky to live in Columbus, you can just show up at the SC and if not available they will schedule you, the Tesla phone app is rigged to delete any messages listing more than one issue.

Last edited: