Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hong Kong limo service network - in Model S (and eventually, model X)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DITB

Charged.hk co-founder
Nov 13, 2012
Hong Kong
Not sure this is legal, but how about setting up a network of owners who have enough spare time, and want to drive their cars more?

Marriages, limo service or just people who want to try the car. Or tired of the old worn Toyotas, driven like rally cars and with 10 mobile phones on the dashboard fighting for attention. Surely there would be some admin, and also legal/insurance challenges, but wouldn't it be nice if you could book a Model S? Since Uber is operational already, maybe worth joining that for those who are less busy.

Many times when I need a taxi, for a longer trip, I call my usual contact who drives a BYD e6 electric taxi - and he has some connections of other BYD e6 taxis. Yet I'd rather pay one of the TMC members, and ride in style instead!

When I get my car, it won't be needed much for me, though there are others who would be interested I'm sure. To book a getaway car for a marriage isn't too easy, and the choice is limited.