Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hong Kong Model S audio upgrades and the internet radio servie

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I'm still waiting for my P85D, but I am already planning to upgrade the audio system. (I already ordered the upgraded audio, but more is always better).

Has anyone upgraded their audio system in their car? Where did you go to do it? I'm interested to find someone who can do a good job.

Also what internet radio services will work with the car? I forgot to try this out during my test drive. Just wondering what will be available in HK.

Thanks!

I got the Ultra high fidelity sound from Tesla, but I was planning to put some additional upgrades into it.

I've put a fair effort into my current car and it sounds much better than the tesla demo car (sound deadening, DSP, subwoofer and speaker upgrades as well as a few amplifiers). Hopefully I can get my Tesla sounding similar.

Buy the way, yes the upgraded sound package from Tesla does have a subwoofer. But during the test drive, it just didn't provide enough bass for my liking.

What Hi Fi did you order any link?
Do you know if the MS has a sub? this will be the part I will upgrade.

Vmax, does the car come with XM? do we have to pay for a subscription?

I just changed the tweeters last night, night and day difference!
20141217_073749.jpg

I always found the sound is not clear and lack of "image" so I ordered a pair of tweeter and installed them with a friend last night~
BTW, I have the upgraded audio system.

I just changed the tweeters last night, night and day difference!View attachment 66196

I always found the sound is not clear and lack of "image" so I ordered a pair of tweeter and installed them with a friend last night~
BTW, I have the upgraded audio system.

Which brand? Do you know the size of the speakers in tesla? I will have a set of 6" morel speakers taken down from my existing car.