TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Hong Kong Registration Document

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by Captain Slow, Mar 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Captain Slow

Captain Slow New Member

Recently took delivery of an S60. On the Registration Document under the heading "Rated Power" it quotes 90 KW. This is the section of the form where Cylinder Capacity is noted for ICE's

I queried this with Tesla and was told don't worry this indicates the battery capacity.

Hmmm.. The units used are clearly KW and not KWh and wouldn't 60 KWh (or 75 KWh) be the expected figure if this was really battery capacity.

Can anyone shed any light on this apparent anomaly?

2. FequalsMA

FequalsMA Member

probably a software limitation on their system that units cannot be more than 2 characters. as for ICE its in cubic centimeters (cc)

3. saichinli

saichinli Member

I think he was referring to why his S60 is quoted as 90. :)

4. CJ76

CJ76 New Member

It's not the battery capacity (kWh) they're quoting, it's the power (kW) of the motor/s. For example on my 90D it's 158 kW. If you prefer the old language, they're 121bhp and 212bhp respectively.

• Informative x 1
  5. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

It is the power of the motor (as rated by Transport Department), and not related to battery capacity at all.

It is required to ensure that the vehicle is powerful enough to be driven on expressways. They are trying to have something comparable to engine size (cc) in ICE vehicles. For the gory details, see here:

http://www.legco.gov.hk/yr11-12/english/panels/tp/papers/tp0206cb1-961-3-e.pdf

Bottom line, so long as it is >=7kWh (for a private car), you are good to go.

• Informative x 2
  6. Captain Slow

Captain Slow New Member

Thanks for your replies, guys. I was worried from an insurance point of view. 90 KW seemed a low figure but it seems to fit if a 90D is listed at 158 KW.

Cheers

7. FequalsMA

FequalsMA Member

Totally misread that. Didn't realize KW was used for power ratings outside of Aussieland.