Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hooray! Got to use my tow hitch.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One evening, my wife runs in to tell me her dad parked his ICE SUV in the ditch in front of our house. Oops. One wheel was in the air and the opposite one had no traction, so even with AWD and a limited slip differential, this vehicle was going nowhere.

womp womp ditch.gif

I'd never bothered to install the tow hitch on my X, and struggled to get it on quickly. However, my little pickup truck already had the "nosering" tow hitch adapter installed, so at his insistence I grabbed the tow rope and tried to pull him out with the truck. As expected, the moment the line went tight, the rear wheels of the truck lifted, lost grip, and the pull failed.

Back in the garage, I used a rubber mallet to persuade the tow hitch to lock in, transferred the towing ring, and pulled into position. I added a secondary ratcheting strap to reinforce the rope and effortlessly pulled the other SUV out in no time.

Suddenly my electric minivan doesn't seem quite as frivolous to the inlaws. Score one for team Elon.

Attachments

• womp womp ditch.gif
    womp womp ditch.gif
    4.1 MB · Views: 76
Last edited: