Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hoping more comfortable than 3, better handling than S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I almost bought the 3. In the performance version, it drove like it was on rails, but I found the seats too uncomfortable. Did not love the handling of the S. Hoping the Y is “just right.”

The seats are the same but they're higher up so you will sit upright which should be more comfortable. I think they're comfortable but not near as good at hugging me in like the seats n my BMW M Sport. I would like to see them put seats in like I have in my Bimmer but they are comfortable for me and not a deal breaker for me.

I hate the seats in both my Model 3 and Y too. As others have mentioned, they sit super high and there is absolutely no side bolstering at all.. Around corners I slide all over the place. I'm looking into seeing if a local auto upholstery shop could possibly modify the stock seats to add more bolstering...

I hate the seats in both my Model 3 and Y too. As others have mentioned, they sit super high and there is absolutely no side bolstering at all.. Around corners I slide all over the place. I'm looking into seeing if a local auto upholstery shop could possibly modify the stock seats to add more bolstering...

I looked into this. No luck. Seats are too complicated these days, with airbags, etc. No auto guy wants to touch them. Too much liability risk. There is a video out there about someone who replaced the seats entirely with racing seats.