Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hoping more comfortable than 3, better handling than S

Y&CYT

Mar 8, 2020
Eastern Washington
I almost bought the 3. In the performance version, it drove like it was on rails, but I found the seats too uncomfortable. Did not love the handling of the S. Hoping the Y is “just right.”

The seats are the same but they're higher up so you will sit upright which should be more comfortable. I think they're comfortable but not near as good at hugging me in like the seats n my BMW M Sport. I would like to see them put seats in like I have in my Bimmer but they are comfortable for me and not a deal breaker for me.

kong24680

Oct 21, 2019
San Jose
I hate the seats in both my Model 3 and Y too. As others have mentioned, they sit super high and there is absolutely no side bolstering at all.. Around corners I slide all over the place. I'm looking into seeing if a local auto upholstery shop could possibly modify the stock seats to add more bolstering...

bnsfengineer

Aug 25, 2017
So.Ca.
I hate the seats in both my Model 3 and Y too. As others have mentioned, they sit super high and there is absolutely no side bolstering at all.. Around corners I slide all over the place. I'm looking into seeing if a local auto upholstery shop could possibly modify the stock seats to add more bolstering...
Are the seats basically the same?

diver110

Aug 4, 2019
Baltimore

I looked into this. No luck. Seats are too complicated these days, with airbags, etc. No auto guy wants to touch them. Too much liability risk. There is a video out there about someone who replaced the seats entirely with racing seats.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC