Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

House & Tesla swap US - Sweden

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. This is an ad of sorts.

I live in Stockholm, Sweden. I always thought that when I got a nice house I would put up an ad and swap it for a few weeks with someone with an equally nice house in some interesting part of the US. Of course we'd swap cars as well so we could explore the surroundings.

The thing is, me and my wife bought a really nice house two months ago, and we have a Tesla model S 85D up for delivery. So naturally we thought, if we're gonna swap houses and cars with anyone it'd gotta be another Tesla owner right?

Me and my family's (wife, two small kids and a dog) house is in the Stockholm countryside, about 45 minutes from the city central. More details and pictures will be provided of course.

Please comment, would you even think about swapping your house and Tesla Model S for ones in Sweden for a week or more?

Last edited:
Hi everyone. This is an ad of sorts.

I live in Stockholm, Sweden. I always thought that when I got a nice house I would put up an ad and swap it for a few weeks with someone with an equally nice house in some interesting part of the US. Of course we'd swap cars as well so we could explore the surroundings.

The thing is, I got a nice house two months ago, and a Tesla model S 85D up for delivery. So naturally I thought, if I'm gonna swap houses and cars with anyone it'd gotta be another Tesla owner right?

Me and my family's (wife, two small kids and a dog) house is in the Stockholm countryside, about 45 minutes from the city central. More details and pictures will be provided of course.

Please comment, would you even think about swapping your house and Tesla Model S for ones in Sweden for a week or more?

That sounds crazy enough to actually be fun. You know you're going to have to share pics now!

I know! Here's one pic

111ca8ca8aed6ee8349b340dd90b3dae.jpg

What kanylbullen is suggesting is quite common among HAM radio operators. Swapping homes, cars, boats, and HAM stations for holiday/vacation has been going on in the HAM community for at least as long as I've been a HAM.

As nice as it would be for the US swapper to have use of your 85D with your country's petrol prices, you might be happy with the convenience to be able to roam with abandon without range anxiety by having a comparable ICE and our $2.30 a gallon ($0.61 liter).

As nice as it would be for the US swapper to have use of your 85D with your country's petrol prices, you might be happy with the convenience to be able to roam with abandon without range anxiety by having a comparable ICE and our $2.30 a gallon ($0.61 liter).

Yeah the petrol costs about twice that here now, even higher before the recent drop in prices. All the difference is taxes of course, we love taxes in Sweden!