Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston BMW Club Autocross, this Sunday (June 2)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be there. Weather forecast is looking good....although driving in the rain is fun, too. :)

For this event they've added a SCCA PAX section thing for "those not concerned with actual time". This is new for them, I assume you just let them know whether or not your Model 3 is a Performance, which is B Street class while all other Model 3s are D Street unless you've made certain other aftermarket changes. I'm going to be trying it out to see what happens, because frankly the way they class non-BMW cars means I've always been in a grab bag where times are not really remotely comparable, anyway.

Cost is $50, unless you happen to have a BMW CCA membership. Then the cost is $35. There are lots of designated Instructors on hand to help give you tips, whether you're new to Autocross or not. They'll even ride along in the passenger seat, or give you a ride in their car, which is very advisable if you're new.

A lot of fun. Even just watching or getting a ride, which is free, it is a hoot.

Important: At the BMW events, due to insurance requirements, you can only ride with, or give rides to, a certified Instructor. So don't bring a friend expecting to be able to give them a joyride. They'll have to watch. Or if you trust them enough, both of you enter as double drivers, which means you'll line up different in the pit and take turns driving the same car.

P.S. Next week is SCCA at Grandsport, in Hichcock. I've not been on that track before. Really looking forward to that although, with Webster SC still under construction, the charging options and distance I have to travel will make it a bit fussier to do.