Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HOV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume the tesla qualifies for a HOV sticker. I am in Florida, and tesla isn't listed on the Florida website as eligible cars, but I assume that they just haven't updated their website. Can someone walk me though the process of getting the HOV sticker? I have printed the application out. I have my vin. Can I apply for the sticker before the car arrives as long as I have the vin and will be transferring existing plates? Where do you take the application, and do you get the sticker that day? Where do you place on your tesla, as its a big gaudy sticker? Any help appreciated.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/forms/btr/83027.pdf

At the top of the form it says to take it to your local tax collector's office. I had to go in to renew my Driver's license so I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and apply for HOV while I was there. I did get the HOV decal, but it was not easy! No one seemed to know anything and a manager and supervisor had to get involved. The instructions for the decal say to place it on the lower right portion of rear window. It goes on the outside.