Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How’s the Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the title says, hows the ownership experience so far ?
Love it ?
Meh ?
Haven’t seen many ModelY stories like Model3
You haven’t seen any of the threads or YouTube videos about the abysmal paint jobs and build quality?

Most reviews say it rides good but it honestly looks like a turd dropped in a pile of hair.

Tesla needs to get its QC under control in a bad, bad way.

Mine is great, exceeds my expectations in all regards. Have put 2900 miles on it, having it 6 weeks. The car looks amazing and I have gotten a lot of compliments on it. It’s a blast to drive, has great utility, and gets better range than I expected during normal usage (spirited driving with A/C on, 90+degF summer days). Have taken it on several long trips where I was worried I would have to drive slow to conserve battery but that was unwarranted concern. Have had the roof rack on since I got the car, just used it with cargo box with good results, have also been using trailer hitch for bike rack, works well. Have travelled with wife, 2 kids and 2 dogs, love how much space there is, can have entire trunk upper level for dogs with weekends worth of stuff in frunk and bins under the trunk floor. Best car I’ve ever owned by a wide margin.

Enjoying mine LR AWD. Yesterday at an agility dog show, used Dog mode all day. It was 93. I did deploy some sun shades for the windshield. Dog Mode is a great enhancement for dog folks. Still working on all of the various available options. Turned on Speed Limit mode and realized very quickly the acceleration was set to chill mode. Still usable, much like the usual family ICE cars, but not what I had gotten used to or now desire. Luckily, I had read an article from someone that mentioned that. Speed Limit mode is no longer set. :)
I find myself trying to be more respectful of the other poor sad unknowing non EV drivers so as not to give Tesla drivers a bad rep.
After reading another forum post (in the EU section), not sure whether I should be waving/acknowledging other Teslas or not. I figure, if I spot them, I'll ack them.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Yeah, love mines. Last year this time, I was probably one of the biggest Tesla haters. Then I walked past a Tesla store and one of the sales guys waved me in and dared me to test drive an M3. The ride blew my socks away. He then told me about the Model Y and from then on was a fan. Took mines home 2 weeks ago. All smiles.

Out of curiosity, for what reasons were you a Tesla hater? Serious question, I’d like to know. Also was it as simple as the mind blowing driving experience that changed your mind or were there other things you learned (perhaps previous misconceptions that were corrected) that helped?

Either way congrats on taking delivery of your Y and enjoy!