Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are you streaming Spotify?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not understanding the question!!!
I guess I dont understand your question either as it doesn’t make any sense to me. Press play. Even if you hook up to WiFi, the app does not magically increase your bitrate. It’s set by Tesla in the client.
Your only two options are stream from the v10 interface and you have no control over bitrate or stream over Bluetooth where you do have, but lost the v10 interface.

If you have the latest V10 software then you would hit the music icon, look to the right and click on Spotify and sign in with your credentials. You need a premium Spotify account. Hit will be streamed via the LTE connection in the car. If you're not running V10 yet then you can stream from your phone via bluetooth.

If you have the latest V10 software then you would hit the music icon, look to the right and click on Spotify and sign in with your credentials. You need a premium Spotify account. Hit will be streamed via the LTE connection in the car. If you're not running V10 yet then you can stream from your phone via bluetooth.

I (non USA car) dont even need to do that.

AFIK you can get a better bitrate if you sign in vs not from what I hear.

Nope, doesn’t make sense to me. Like @RobDickinson, I just press play.

The way I read this OPs question (how I translate it) is:

=====================

Hello all, I am trying to figure out which way I should connect to spotify to get the best sound. Does it make any difference if I open the spotify app on my phone and use blutooth like we used to prior to the V10 update, or is there some advantage to opening the spotify app and playing directly through the interface?

====================

Thats how I read it anyway, and I unfortunately spend a fair amount of time trying to decipher end users telling (or not telling) me whats wrong with their stuff.

OP, as mentioned, using the cars interface, tesla controls the bit rate. using bluetooth on your phone, you might have some control over the bit rate in the app. I havent looked to check but I think it might be possible to do that in the phone app somewhere. You lose access to the playlists through the car, and use your phone data vs the car's data plan doing it that way however.

@RobDickinson , on the new spotify here in the states, we do not have an option to use it through the car interface without logging in. We have to have our own spotify premium account in order to access it directly through the car interface ( rather than on the phone via bluetooth connected to the car).

I was not a spotify subscriber but signed up when it became available here in the US. Unfortunately, it has been very "spotty" for me. most times it just "swirls" and does not load. It acts like it does not have connection, or that i have some issue with my LTE connection.... however netflix works perfectly off my LTE connection with no drop outs etc, so I am guessing this is a spotify issue.

I am on .11, but just got a notice to update to 11.1 so will see if this is better. Since this is a new version of the firmware with new features, I am expecting these small glitches etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nupe 1911
The way I read this OPs question (how I translate it) is:

=====================

Hello all, I am trying to figure out which way I should connect to spotify to get the best sound. Does it make any difference if I open the spotify app on my phone and use blutooth like we used to prior to the V10 update, or is there some advantage to opening the spotify app and playing directly through the interface?

====================

Thats how I read it anyway, and I unfortunately spend a fair amount of time trying to decipher end users telling (or not telling) me whats wrong with their stuff.

OP, as mentioned, using the cars interface, tesla controls the bit rate. using bluetooth on your phone, you might have some control over the bit rate in the app. I havent looked to check but I think it might be possible to do that in the phone app somewhere. You lose access to the playlists through the car, and use your phone data vs the car's data plan doing it that way however.

@RobDickinson , on the new spotify here in the states, we do not have an option to use it through the car interface without logging in. We have to have our own spotify premium account in order to access it directly through the car interface ( rather than on the phone via bluetooth connected to the car).

I was not a spotify subscriber but signed up when it became available here in the US. Unfortunately, it has been very "spotty" for me. most times it just "swirls" and does not load. It acts like it does not have connection, or that i have some issue with my LTE connection.... however netflix works perfectly off my LTE connection with no drop outs etc, so I am guessing this is a spotify issue.

I am on .11, but just got a notice to update to 11.1 so will see if this is better. Since this is a new version of the firmware with new features, I am expecting these small glitches etc.
Thanks for the translation..LOL, you addressed my concerns..I get a bunch of swirling.