Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can I change the subject of a thread that has become a bit controversial :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering if a moderator could please help me change the title of the following thread? I just wanted to have a way to conceal the Sentry Viewer from people who valet park the car and a few forum members strongly opposed to my idea of a PIN to protect the Tesla Cam viewer and there has been a bunch of disagreeing posts.

To keep the thread focused, could a moderator please change the title of the thread to:

Sentry Viewer should be hidden while in Valet Mode

This is one of the ideas I mentioned and I think is the best and easiest solution and will hopefully help keep the thread on track. Can a moderator please make this change?

Sentry Video Viewer Really Needs a Password...

Thanks for all the great work done by moderators to keep things on track :)

I think it's a little late to change the title, and unfair to the people who have already liked/disagreed/commented/etc based on the current title/contents. It's been 10+ days too.

I do think you made a mistake in the title. You should have posted the problem in the title, and then various options to solve the problem in the content of the post.

I say this as someone who agrees with hiding the sentry mode videos in valet mode. I don't see a password/pin protection as offering much protection because anyone who has access to your car on a regular basis has physical access. So they can simply pull the USB to see where you've been going.

All in all I thought it was a good thread with a lot of good points on both sides of the issue.

I haven't commented on the thread because I first needed to verify that Sentry Mode videos could be viewed in Valet mode. One poster said they weren't able to. So if they can't then Tesla has already implemented the proposed solution.

Reactions: DCEV