TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How can I get Tesla Manchester UK to change my defective battery?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Getmethere, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Getmethere

Getmethere Member

I have had a P85D for 3 years then suddenly after 70k miles they installed restrictive software on my car so now instead of charging to 255 miles I can only charge to 205 - a drop of nearly 20%.
    Tesla Manchester in the UK refuse to do anything. Furthermore I have made recordings of their sales staff saying that an unusual drop off in range (like mine) would be covered under the 8 year warranty. Tesla ignore me.
    I can see that there are US lawsuits (David Rasmussen) underway for this same issue and I can see that mjmiron a user from Minnesota on this site has been able to get a battery exchange based on this same experience.
    Please can somebody share their VIN that has lead to a battery exchange . I am SO frustrated! David Groves (UK)

2. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

Tesla did it to keep your car from catching on fire. No options seem available for now

• Like x 1
  3. Getmethere

Getmethere Member

Th
    They tell me there is no defect with my battery ....period!

4. JoshuaS75

JoshuaS75 New Member

make a social media scene