Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can I track whats going on with my car at Tesla body shop?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does one get to know what’s going on with your car when it’s at the Tesla Body Shop? I was told I will get text and email updates. It’s day 3 and nothing yet. The app has been like this since I dropped the car 🙄
B98A8F79-9B1B-45A6-BBA6-B6037A7C0464.jpeg

You dont, just like you didnt for any other vehicle in service you might have owned (unless you installed some third party app or other that tracks vehicle location or state).

Even if you did install some third party app, having that information would not help you at all. If you saw your car sitting outside for days or something, and called them on it and said "I see my car is sitting outside, why are you not working on it?" Do you think that would get you better, or worse service on your vehicle (answer = worse, as you would be automatically assumed to be a problem customer).

It’s a case of collision and bumper damage. The service agent said that he would send me “regular updates” about what they discover/find out and what parts will need replacement. He also said that the “app was the best place to check for any updates” 😐

It’s a case of collision and bumper damage. The service agent said that he would send me “regular updates” about what they discover/find out and what parts will need replacement. He also said that the “app was the best place to check for any updates” 😐

That means "wait till we notify you in the app what we find", not "expect to get daily updates in the app".

Reactions: Jo060 and Need
Last time when I had a body shop repair by Tesla, they forgot to turn off the mobile access. I was able to watch my car drove from Tesla SC to a body shop about 8 miles away. It was parked outside the building in a parking space for 2 days. Then it got moved inside the building and then they turned off mobile access and I can't spy on it anymore LOL. This was a long time ago (2019) though before the app would show your car is "in service".

If you leave an Airtag in the car, you could probably track where the car is.

It might depend on the body shop, but here's my experience after I brought my M3LR in for what turned out to be over $9000 in repairs last November. After I brought it in on the date they told me (they had already seen it, done an estimate and ordered a few parts 2 weeks earlier but were too busy to take it in then), I could see on the App that it was parked in their storage lot a block away for three days. Then, I could see that it had been moved into their facility. Several days later, I got an email from Tesla listing the parts that had been ordered, but no shipping date. Not long after that, I got another email with the same parts list, but indicating that some parts had shipped. After that I got periodic emails whenever more parts shipped. Ultimately, the body shop had to order 28 different parts. They called me when they had the final parts and told me the car would be ready about a week later and it was This whole process took about 6 weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: MaskedRacerX