TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How do I get a MVPA from Tesla? Time-frame desired: yesterday

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by MXWing, Jul 31, 2018.

1. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

My 3rd party finance wants it before funding the loan and Tesla says the MVPA will be ready the day of delivery.

This is not acceptable to the credit union.

Ideas on how to move the process along?

Thanks

2. ras2645

ras2645 Member

I'm in the same boat. As the delivery gets closer I'm going to get creative and make it work somehow. I originally planned to go through Tesla to get the loan and keep it simple but my credit union rate was 1.99% which was way better than I have seen everywhere else. dont get stressed out, it will work out.

3. lee619

lee619 Member

Let your ISA know of the situation and you need the MVPA to get your financing ready by delivery. They will get it expedited for you. I told my ISA my delivery is on the weekend so I need it before friday as my CU is closed on the weekends, he got it to me within a couple hours.

• Like x 1
  4. ras2645

ras2645 Member

thank
    Thanks for the advice, I'll try this a couple of days before my delivery date. I wonder why Tesla doesn't want to do it sooner to make it easier on everyone.

5. MissyMcBee

MissyMcBee Member

My credit union would not release funds without and it was no problem to get. It will come from a Tesla email in liue of your ISA's email based on how it is generated. Did you use a credit union that has done Tesla loans before? it makes a huge difference. I used LOGIX Credit Union and it was a very smooth process.

btw...i was able to sign mine via my cell phone and than Tesla emailed it back to me with their signature which i than forwarded it to my loan officer so that he could process the check. It all happened in a matter of a couple of hours for the whole process.

6. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

What do you do if your ISA is slow or not responsive?

Is there an escalation line?

Thanks

7. ras2645

ras2645 Member

Did your ISA help get this for you or were you assisted by the delivery center for this?

8. Sneakerhead

Sneakerhead Member

I had a mvpa posted but fpcu demands a signed final purchase agreement from tesla..which is pretty much impossible until the delivery time. Wasted 40 emails and my time. Going with the credit union (higher rate) that already gave me a blank preapproved loan. Stay away from fpcu

9. ras2645

ras2645 Member

How far in advance of your delivery appointment was the MVPA posted? Thank you

10. favo

favo P3D+ owner

If you're approved at a CU, and the final MVPA is the holdup, you can probably get LightStream to do a rate beat, get an unsecured loan, and have the cash in your account in 24-48 hours. Then pay cash via ACH at delivery. You will need good credit for this option.

11. MissyMcBee

MissyMcBee Member

It was prompted by my ISA but came from a Tesla email with the subject: DelyDocs and it allows you to go in and electronically sign. i just checked and i got mine on Thursday 7/12 in the afternoon and i signed and got the final docs back at 4:05pm in time to get it over to the credit union for processing so that they could overnight the check for Saturday delivery and Sunday 7/15 was my delivery day. I even received an email from my ISA on Saturday confirming receipt of the check.

12. soulstar

soulstar Member

I had a good experience with FPCU. They took a copy of a signed MVPA that Tesla's finance dept had me sign digitally via Docusign. This was at least 5 days before delivery date.

13. SJC3

SJC3 Member

Good to hear Soulstar. Thinking to use them but will avoid if uneaessary delays.

14. ken830

ken830 Model S 85, Model 3 Performance

The only way is to wait until delivery day, miss your delivery, reschedule delivery.

In my case, my Perf Model 3 was ready two weeks ago, but they couldn't generate the MVPA until 6 hours before delivery. I was pushing them hard to have this done because delaying delivery would make it awfully close to my wife's due-date for our 3rd child. Of course, my son was born 1 day after the original delivery date and 2 days before the rescheduled date. Now, they are going to drive the car to my home for home delivery so that my wife can sign all of the papers.

15. ras2645

ras2645 Member

Does anyone know an email address for Tesla Finance Department?

16. slipnslider

slipnslider Member

This happened to me last weekend. I was scheduled for saturday pickup. Heard nothing from tesla. Paperwork never came through. I called on monday asking WTF. They said paperwork is ready now. Not only that, but it was ready late friday night. That still would have been too late to get the paperwork to my credit union and keep my delivery slot, but no one told me the paperwork was ready.
    There's nothing you can really do. Tesla sucks at deliveries. Flat-out sucks. If only this advanced tech company could have somehow predicted that they'd need to prepare a lot of contracts in a short period of time, but every totally predictable problem seems to catch them totally off guard..

• Informative x 1
  17. rlb4

rlb4 Member

Maybe if everyone posted this stuff on Twitter Elon might take some action. It seems pretty simple to get people their MVPA at least several days in advance.

18. slipnslider

slipnslider Member

Elon knows its happening. That's why he's delivering people's cars in person, so that people will talk about that instead.

19. GoodOmens

GoodOmens Member

Haha I just tweeted him so we'll see. My VIN showed up my final details page so something changed. Still waiting....

20. ras2645

ras2645 Member

Where on the page did you see it?