Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cheaper inventory vehicle available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I initially wanted to buy an inventory vehicle as they were cheaper. However none were available near me. I spoke with Tesla rep who said they would notify me once something became available. So I ended up ordering the conventional way. Everything is now approved including loan. Yesterday I checked on Tesla site and now there are multiple vehicles available, and one that is configured exactly like mine that is almost 6k cheaper. Can I refuse delivery of the vehicle ordered and attempt to get the inventory vehicle? My credit union has already sent them the check but I have not accepted delivery terms yet. I tried to reach out to Tesla rep but they have not responded, its been about 12 hours. Any advice regarding how to navigate this would be great. I need to get this before year end to get the tax credit. The inventory vehicle is apparently like 45 minutes away from me so I know I would be able to get it if I ordered it. How do I navigate the one that's already ordered and they already have the check for? Thanks

I was essentially in the same boat, I tried hard from several angles to get either my ordered car reduced or to switch to an inventory car. No dice. Canceled my order, my car came into inventory, reordered it at discount. This may or may not work out for you. Worst case you have to redo all your applications and cancel the check you already sent. Good luck!

Upvote 0
Update: Tesla reached out to me today. They initially said I would have to contact my bank and go through the loan process again as I was already assigned a VIN. I told them it doesn't make sense for me to pay so much extra and I don't think I will be taking delivery. Then he told me to reach out to my bank to see if they would give me another loan. I said I would. Literally within 10 minutes, he calls me back and tells me they have adjusted my order price to price match the inventory vehicle (well it was $500 more than the inventory vehicle but almost fully price matched). Extremely happy and told them I would now accept these terms 😃. Sometimes things work out if you ask them and send them the link to the vehicle you want which I did. Just wanted people to know this can be done. Thank you

Reactions: Tezla1
Upvote 0
Update: Tesla reached out to me today. They initially said I would have to contact my bank and go through the loan process again as I was already assigned a VIN. I told them it doesn't make sense for me to pay so much extra and I don't think I will be taking delivery. Then he told me to reach out to my bank to see if they would give me another loan. I said I would. Literally within 10 minutes, he calls me back and tells me they have adjusted my order price to price match the inventory vehicle (well it was $500 more than the inventory vehicle but almost fully price matched). Extremely happy and told them I would now accept these terms 😃. Sometimes things work out if you ask them and send them the link to the vehicle you want which I did. Just wanted people to know this can be done. Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-14-13-04-40-789_com.teslamotors.tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-14-13-04-40-789_com.teslamotors.tesla.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 89
Upvote 0