Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I get a MVPA from Tesla? Time-frame desired: yesterday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
My 3rd party finance wants it before funding the loan and Tesla says the MVPA will be ready the day of delivery.

This is not acceptable to the credit union.

Ideas on how to move the process along?

Thanks

I'm in the same boat. As the delivery gets closer I'm going to get creative and make it work somehow. I originally planned to go through Tesla to get the loan and keep it simple but my credit union rate was 1.99% which was way better than I have seen everywhere else. dont get stressed out, it will work out.

My 3rd party finance wants it before funding the loan and Tesla says the MVPA will be ready the day of delivery.

Thanks

Let your ISA know of the situation and you need the MVPA to get your financing ready by delivery. They will get it expedited for you. I told my ISA my delivery is on the weekend so I need it before friday as my CU is closed on the weekends, he got it to me within a couple hours.

Reactions: MissyMcBee
thank
Let your ISA know of the situation and you need the MVPA to get your financing ready by delivery. They will get it expedited for you. I told my ISA my delivery is on the weekend so I need it before friday as my CU is closed on the weekends, he got it to me within a couple hours.
Thanks for the advice, I'll try this a couple of days before my delivery date. I wonder why Tesla doesn't want to do it sooner to make it easier on everyone.

My credit union would not release funds without and it was no problem to get. It will come from a Tesla email in liue of your ISA's email based on how it is generated. Did you use a credit union that has done Tesla loans before? it makes a huge difference. I used LOGIX Credit Union and it was a very smooth process.

btw...i was able to sign mine via my cell phone and than Tesla emailed it back to me with their signature which i than forwarded it to my loan officer so that he could process the check. It all happened in a matter of a couple of hours for the whole process.

My credit union would not release funds without and it was no problem to get. It will come from a Tesla email in liue of your ISA's email based on how it is generated. Did you use a credit union that has done Tesla loans before? it makes a huge difference. I used LOGIX Credit Union and it was a very smooth process.

btw...i was able to sign mine via my cell phone and than Tesla emailed it back to me with their signature which i than forwarded it to my loan officer so that he could process the check. It all happened in a matter of a couple of hours for the whole process.

Did your ISA help get this for you or were you assisted by the delivery center for this?

I had a mvpa posted but fpcu demands a signed final purchase agreement from tesla..which is pretty much impossible until the delivery time. Wasted 40 emails and my time. Going with the credit union (higher rate) that already gave me a blank preapproved loan. Stay away from fpcu

I had a mvpa posted but fpcu demands a signed final purchase agreement from tesla..which is pretty much impossible until the delivery time. Wasted 40 emails and my time. Going with the credit union (higher rate) that already gave me a blank preapproved loan. Stay away from fpcu

How far in advance of your delivery appointment was the MVPA posted? Thank you

If you're approved at a CU, and the final MVPA is the holdup, you can probably get LightStream to do a rate beat, get an unsecured loan, and have the cash in your account in 24-48 hours. Then pay cash via ACH at delivery. You will need good credit for this option.

Did your ISA help get this for you or were you assisted by the delivery center for this?
It was prompted by my ISA but came from a Tesla email with the subject: DelyDocs and it allows you to go in and electronically sign. i just checked and i got mine on Thursday 7/12 in the afternoon and i signed and got the final docs back at 4:05pm in time to get it over to the credit union for processing so that they could overnight the check for Saturday delivery and Sunday 7/15 was my delivery day. I even received an email from my ISA on Saturday confirming receipt of the check.

I had a good experience with FPCU. They took a copy of a signed MVPA that Tesla's finance dept had me sign digitally via Docusign. This was at least 5 days before delivery date.

The only way is to wait until delivery day, miss your delivery, reschedule delivery.

In my case, my Perf Model 3 was ready two weeks ago, but they couldn't generate the MVPA until 6 hours before delivery. I was pushing them hard to have this done because delaying delivery would make it awfully close to my wife's due-date for our 3rd child. Of course, my son was born 1 day after the original delivery date and 2 days before the rescheduled date. Now, they are going to drive the car to my home for home delivery so that my wife can sign all of the papers.

Thanks
This happened to me last weekend. I was scheduled for saturday pickup. Heard nothing from tesla. Paperwork never came through. I called on monday asking WTF. They said paperwork is ready now. Not only that, but it was ready late friday night. That still would have been too late to get the paperwork to my credit union and keep my delivery slot, but no one told me the paperwork was ready.
There's nothing you can really do. Tesla sucks at deliveries. Flat-out sucks. If only this advanced tech company could have somehow predicted that they'd need to prepare a lot of contracts in a short period of time, but every totally predictable problem seems to catch them totally off guard..

• Informative
Reactions: MXWing