Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you clean your black piano console & Screen ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Use a clean, soft microfiber towel. And, to minimize scratches, always use some sort of cleaning liquid. A dry MF towel is always more likely to scratch than one that has a liquid to lubricate. I personally like using Chemical Guys Inner Clean all purpose interior cleaner. It works really well on the screen and on the piano console. I keep a small bottle of it and a MF towel in the well of the my door. Plus it smells like pina colada!

What's the best practice to avoid scratches ?

Microfiber cloth?
Dry ? or Wet? which product do you use ?

Thanks!

Microfiber for the screen, dry in my case.

For the console? I keep it from scratching by having covered it in 3M film. :) Now I can just wipe it without worry. After about 6 months of ownership on the original piano black finish, it was scratched to hell (I have kids). The 3M was a fairly easy install and looks much better, IMO. I got the brushed black metallic finish from AO: Model 3 Center Console Vinyl Wrap.

The 'after' look:

BXgzjPp_pV5AdnppYTVMUfu3mc0Z01gEiNbPIj5F_R5qKxWqst5T7o_pVH9CG4gf-H3z8PJ-yZ3kGtdmQ6QIchKX_LpFyazT4Ap7wYBs39IuWk7R_5al0T0X9Dfhv8WxEfS_wvP3MtR6w3fTOicHUHRQBBrENiFSsDkdHIcjpBf1od51R6A9kDveCGtt0ipOLkDFPsaYnrVFhLGhM8X86uq18PsPOuUqlLdO_cnBakl8msAN9mEAPiEwZ6aoC-sklhwi2W74wDEStVcEs_yfCWEjXeLmPha1FLuR6s-EcKIukCvJSIAJArn7K3R0OScMgZsizSlPXy8hkmm_fi_sZoFUlURyvw90cVgoOlshB63f6IPvVvFYAGYTPKM4PkS4AkBKLY7UpTdnLIZtrOz0jxmmGF6qdttVf6yaOEKlBpD7itvClOQiWHo5U_JEL3GD7BJVBg12obuP7kEnVMxCdyExdMFkAfexrOD7S9Uy3-VhVtXo0hYfPLoI3OiG_4dHv57AR3T-XFa_maMfFKBpamJyurDPxw07v7P2bYM7rhm2f6XWYXGU9Au55qV72oZl1-1vMAsDTHMQDj9bYWavf2lgPHofxgFUEoZB0a9uxydQi5kQlcloG5jk8vEP-HF2BgLLaLQDQ4fLgO4dRRw9ZHzdlXd6UEgsgmZZYSX_xpXGkjKgqHUaKPk=w669-h891-no

Last edited:
Reactions: woodguyatl