TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How do you clean your black piano console & Screen ?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by tarballqc, Nov 19, 2019.

1. tarballqc

tarballqc Member

What's the best practice to avoid scratches ?

Microfiber cloth?
    Dry ? or Wet? which product do you use ?

Thanks!

2. Petrlol

Petrlol Member

3. joebruin77

joebruin77 Member

Use a clean, soft microfiber towel. And, to minimize scratches, always use some sort of cleaning liquid. A dry MF towel is always more likely to scratch than one that has a liquid to lubricate. I personally like using Chemical Guys Inner Clean all purpose interior cleaner. It works really well on the screen and on the piano console. I keep a small bottle of it and a MF towel in the well of the my door. Plus it smells like pina colada!

4. Kilotango74

Kilotango74 Active Member

Brush made from unicorn hair.

• Funny x 1
  5. linuxguyInMD

linuxguyInMD Member

I use the 303 cleaner and their protectant

6. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

#6 Zaxxon, Nov 20, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Microfiber for the screen, dry in my case.

For the console? I keep it from scratching by having covered it in 3M film. :) Now I can just wipe it without worry. After about 6 months of ownership on the original piano black finish, it was scratched to hell (I have kids). The 3M was a fairly easy install and looks much better, IMO. I got the brushed black metallic finish from AO: Model 3 Center Console Vinyl Wrap.

The 'after' look:

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
  7. XLR82XS

XLR82XS D M C

I use the screen cloth that came with the car for the screen.
    I wrapped the console at delivery to avoid the issues with piano black surface.