Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you get yourself out if you child lock yourself at the backseat??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, if you door lock for child, you will probably window lock too. Would be nice if I can just use phone to unlock door or window etc..

I drove out to drop kiddo so just me and a kiddo..

Thankfully I manage to flag someone walking by..

Again I think what I would have hoped is maybe the mobile app has option to easily unlock the door in situations like this...
I am truly speechless.

You flagged someone to let you out of your car?

What do you do if the blankets get twisted in the middle of the night, call the fire department?

• Funny
Reactions: EVer Hopeful
Whatever did we do before you could access a car with an app?

It was horrible, horrible I say.

Oh wait, it really wasn't. :rolleyes:

You dug up a Reddit post from 4 years ago?

I stand corrected.

Yep, 2 people out the 2 million cars Tesla has sold - it really is a huge problem that requires groupthink to solve.

There is a manual process to open the rear doors in the MY. Remove the mat at the bottom of the door pocket and there will be a small plastic cover. Open the cover and there will be a pigtail that can be pulled to open the door. This process requires some tools; screwdriver and needlenose pliers at least. I then used a plastic wire tie to loop around the pigtail and put the plastic cover and mat back in with the wire tie sticking out. Pulling on the wire tie now opens the back door. I don't think a child could pull on the wire tie hard enough to open the door. I guess one could tuck it in a little so it doesn't stick out.
There is also an escape hatch underneath the rear seat floor mat. It will deploy a sliding ramp and comes with a butt pad in case you have to do this at high speed. But you must be on Elon's naughty list to get this hidden feature.