Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you remove the final charging stop from the route?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. My question is a simple one, but I'm assuming I've just searched for the wrong terms, and I've been unable to come up with an answer.

How can you omit the final charging stop from a trip, or designate your destination as a charging location?

An example detailing my reasoning:
I have a wall connector at home, but my car is trying to route to three charging stops, with the final one being a supercharger 15 miles out of the way from my house, with a projected 15% left upon arrival at the supercharger. I clearly do not need this stop, and don't want to spend 5 minutes charging and then the 20 minutes it would take to get home from there, or have the car try to find the most efficient route there instead of straight home.

Is there a way to mark my destination as a charging location? Or do I have to manually remove all charging stops from the trip menu once I've hit the last one I'll need before arriving at my destination?

Thank you for any help!

There are lots of times I just don't understand why the NAV wants to go to certain chargers. On the last trip I took that required a SC stop, it would have me go from Brooklyn to New Jersey to a charger, about 30 miles away, even though the car was near 100% already. It would then take me off my route to get to the next one even though there was one right off the highway well within range just further ahead. I ended up ignoring them all. That's easy enough on familiar roads, but it worries me if on a trip somewhere I'm not familiar that it'll just take me out of the way just because it is a quarter mile shorter but on back roads. In fact it did that to me in the Finger Lakes, on all these tiny roads. The main road was going to be faster but longer and it was optimizing for distance and not time and yet I had plenty of range to make it to the next charger. ABRP doesn't do that much better in my few tries.