Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does selling your car through Tesla work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Keep in mind that Tesla needs to keep at least $15k-20k margin to throw extended warranty and cover inventory costs. My lease buyback value is $42K which is much less than street price of $70K for the similar vehicle (3 year old, 45K kilometers, MX 100D)

Keep in mind that Tesla needs to keep at least $15k-20k margin to throw extended warranty and cover inventory costs. My lease buyback value is $42K which is much less than street price of $70K for the similar vehicle (3 year old, 45K kilometers, MX 100D)
I have 1 month till i turn my 2016 MS in to tesla and i was just simply going to upgrade to a model X, This was a lease, but the X will be purchased. Anyways, it sounds like its more reasonable to get a quote on Carvana vs just simply turning it in, is that correct?

I have 1 month till i turn my 2016 MS in to tesla and i was just simply going to upgrade to a model X, This was a lease, but the X will be purchased. Anyways, it sounds like its more reasonable to get a quote on Carvana vs just simply turning it in, is that correct?

I doubt you will be able to sell more than the residual ..best is turn in the lease

I got $65.4 for my X on trade to Tesla. My state though only makes you pay sales tax on the net new car price (after you subtract the trade in), so that was really worth about $71k to me if someone else had given me cash.

I just found my old VIN on Tesla’s site. They started offering it for $91.5 two weeks ago but it has already fallen to $79.5 and it hasn’t sold yet. So I’m feeling pretty good about my decision to sell to Tesla, they don’t appear to be making a ton of money on this trade and I certainly had great ease trading it in to them (snap a few photos and hand over the keys).

I got $65.4 for my X on trade to Tesla. My state though only makes you pay sales tax on the net new car price (after you subtract the trade in), so that was really worth about $71k to me if someone else had given me cash.

I just found my old VIN on Tesla’s site. They started offering it for $91.5 two weeks ago but it has already fallen to $79.5 and it hasn’t sold yet. So I’m feeling pretty good about my decision to sell to Tesla, they don’t appear to be making a ton of money on this trade and I certainly had great ease trading it in to them (snap a few photos and hand over the keys).

That is crazy! How many miles?