Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does this Model 3 have ventilated seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This picture is from YouTuber "Like Tesla."

It appears she has a Model 3 with ventilated seats.

Can anyone explain?

20190325_123841.jpg

"It has been brought to our attention that Tesla has made changes to both the Model 3 front and rear seats. We have developed a simple to understand diagram so that you can determine if you have Generation 2 seats or the original Generation 1 seats. Also, we have found that Tesla has mixed and matched front and rear seats as well. For example, you may have Generation 2 front seats and Generation 1 rear seats, or vice versa"

OT but how are these "nextGen" M3 seats different?

Last edited:
"It has been brought to our attention that Tesla has made changes to both the Model 3 front and rear seats. We have developed a simple to understand diagram so that you can determine if you have Generation 2 seats or the original Generation 1 seats. Also, we have found that Tesla has mixed and matched front and rear seats as well. For example, you may have Generation 2 front seats and Generation 1 rear seats, or vice versa"
That has nothing to do with it.

• Disagree
Reactions: Esquire
OT but how are these "nextGen" M3 seats different?

Very little in the front - they made the side bolsters a little more pronounced and changed the design of the stitching slightly.

Big difference was the rear seat - they added much more padding to the Gen 2 rear seats in response to complaints. The Gen 2 back seat is much more comfortable for most people, but the downside was that the Gen 1 seats were able to fold almost perfectly flat, and also provided more headroom for tall people in the back seat. We test-drove with Gen 1 seats and at 6'9" I was able to sit in the back (head against the glass, but I could do it) - I really can't at all in my own car with the Gen 2 seats.

The change was made somewhere around VIN #14000, so there aren't many of the Gen 1s out there.

My Vin is 18xxx and I have the Gen 1 Back seat and Gen 1 front seats. Don't know how I got so lucky. (sarcasm is implied). I have supposedly parts on the way for a new backseat after numerous calls begging to have it replaced due to complaints from my family who sit back there.