Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How good are MPP Performance upgraded rotors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking for experience from others, as I am getting ready to redo my brakes.

I do track my car, but only a couple times a year lately. My focus is on a street car that is track capable.

I have replaced my pads, fluid and brake lines already, so am at the limit of what the stock setup can do. It's not bad on the track, especially considering the endurance of the car otherwise. The brakes usually last as long as anything else does, which is to say a couple of laps.

My question is whether I will be happy with just the upgraded rotors, UPP pads and fluid, or if I need to look at larger brakes?

One potential middle ground is to swap pads on the track, so I could run a semi-race pad for track days, and the UPP sport pads on the street.

What do others think?

MPP rotors are awesome and in stock right now which is rare. I went with their stoptech front and rotor upgrade in the back so I can beat on the brakes for full sessions and have no worries.

I finally got the rears done today and I’m glad I don’t have to use spacers anymore since the hats are thicker (P3D+ issue).
C4F67F69-885D-4938-B5A0-DCFE64C9987E.jpeg

MPP Rotors are made by Girodisc which manufacturers some of the nicest rotors on the market, so in terms of quality they are top of the line. They also drop a fair bit of weight and are a bolt-on affair, so they're pretty great for what they are.

In regards to do you need more brake, that is a question only you can answer; it's a lot more to do with how fast you are going at the track and how you brake (depending on how your method of braking, the heat buildup can vary drastically). It also depends on where you track and how much braking is required for the layout.

If you've had no issues with your current setup, the MPP rotors would be a nice upgrade and a sound solution. They will last longer than the stock rotors and dissipate heat more efficiently.