Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How is everyone disinfecting their interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If she's an ICU pharmacist, presumably, she'd be a secondary contact, as the patients would all be bedridden. Her exposure would be via another member of staff, and those are going to be full-gown, protected. Plus, the ICU pharmacy may not even be near the ICU. Find out how the pharmacy gets meds to the ICU. If she has a high risk of exposure, she'll be wearing disposable PPE, and she'll remove that , using the approved procedure. Then she'll disinfect her hands. She should be fine.

not sure about which hospital she’s at, but my wife didn’t get to use mask until 2 weeks ago. PPE is in such shortage that they are not properly protected.

pharmacist don’t go in, but the nurses who went in would share computer with pharmacists. And the keyboards are not disinfected regularly.

We are young so chance of severe symptoms is low. But we can’t see anyone outside the family , just in case.

hope her hospital is better equipped.

Reactions: KenC
Hi everyone. Just got my brand new MY. I've gone through the whole thread but I'm confused about something. Aren't some of the things mentioned in this thread, bad for the vegan leather and for the dashboard etc?
I have a friend driving the car and after they are done, I want to be able to clean/disinfect it. I know that bleach wipes are bad. But aren't lysol and clorox wipes etc also really bad for the leather, steering wheel etc? So how does one clean it (apart from soap and water and a sponge) and make sure it's disinfected?

Thank you.

Hi everyone. Just got my brand new MY. I've gone through the whole thread but I'm confused about something. Aren't some of the things mentioned in this thread, bad for the vegan leather and for the dashboard etc?
I have a friend driving the car and after they are done, I want to be able to clean/disinfect it. I know that bleach wipes are bad. But aren't lysol and clorox wipes etc also really bad for the leather, steering wheel etc? So how does one clean it (apart from soap and water and a sponge) and make sure it's disinfected?

Thank you.

I understand why you are confused because there is a lot of unclear and conflicting info out there.

This is the cleaning instruction for the seats from the Model 3 Owner's Manual:

"Polyurethane Seats Wipe spills as soon as possible using a soft cloth moistened with warm water and non-detergent soap. Wipe gently in a circular motion. After cleaning, allow the seats to air dry. Be careful with dyes, such as from clothing or denim, that come into contact with the seats. Dyes can diffuse into the seat material over time and cause staining."

I am not exactly sure what a "non-detergent soap" is. Perhaps others can chime in.

A quick internet search revealed conflicting suggestions such as:

"If you own a leather couch or have leather seats in your car, don't use a Clorox wipe to clean them. The alcohol in the wipes can make your leather lose its natural oils and become dry or brittle."

"How do you disinfect leather?
Dampen a clean cloth with water and pour a teaspoon of dish soap on the cloth. Rub the cloth over the surface of the leather. Move in a circular motion over the entire surface and scrub out any visible dirt or grease. Rinse off the soap with a damp rag."

Keep in mind that the vegan leather seats are sealed with a layer of clear polyurethane. IMO, the most important thing is to make sure you don't damage or degrade this polyurethane layer. For example, with very rare exceptions, do not use a magic eraser or harsh chemicals. I personally like to use a dedicated interior cleaner such as Mckees 37 interior cleaner or Chemical Guys Inner Clean. You can also use Optimum's ONR or, for tough stains, you can use Optimum's Power Clean. Just make sure to use them at the proper dilution ratios. While I don't know for certain that these products will disinfect, I believe they will, much in the same way that washing your hands with soap will disinfect your hands even though you are not using bleach or alcohol when you wash them.

Hope that helps.
Joebruin77

Sorry if this has already been suggested, as I didn't read the whole thread.

You should really consider getting an ozone generator, as this will disinfect the *entire* interior of the car.

Leave the generator running in the car overnight. Thoroughly vent the car before occupying it.

A nice side effect it that it'll also keep the interior of your car smelling fresh.