Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long does delivery take?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Typically, how long does it take from the time I'll arrive at the location until I'll be able to drive away? I will have to sign documents, I sssume, and I will certainly have to write a check and show my drivers license and proof of insurance. And add the time to inspect the car.

I have only 1 data point. The delivery person brought the car to my house and had an Uber arrive moments later to drive her back to the factory. Take your time to check the car. The paperwork is short, with proof of insurance filed in advance. Yes, they'll take a check.

That was the third delivery and third VIN promised, so don't bet on the schedule.

Then you can attach the license plate holder with the double-stick tape provided.

Reactions: Michelle_eriw
I have only 1 data point. The delivery person brought the car to my house and had an Uber arrive moments later to drive her back to the factory. Take your time to check the car. The paperwork is short, with proof of insurance filed in advance. Yes, they'll take a check.

That was the third delivery and third VIN promised, so don't bet on the schedule.

Then you can attach the license plate holder with the double-stick tape provided.
Thanks. No need for the front license plate holder; Ohio is now a one-plate state. Or did you mean the rear plate?

Were you offered the express/contactless pick up? I picked up at the factory with this method and all my documents/final payment were submitted online prior to Tesla releasing which parking stall number my car was at. I could have spent as little as 5 mins picking up the vehicle, or in my case, 1.5 hours inspecting the vehicle in the dark. I'm assuming Ohio is different and you can actually interact with a human being at pick up and submit documents/payment in person?

Mind if I pile on to this with an Ohio-related delivery question? Do they add a temp tag for the vehicle? I'm going to be transferring the plate from my current car but the Tesla is going in immediately for a wrap and some other work, so I still need the plate on the existing car for a couple of weeks. Thanks!