Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long for Tesla to send payment for trade-in payoff?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you who have traded in a vehicle when purchasing your model Y (or I guess any other model), how long did it take for Tesla to pay your lien-holder of your trade-in vehicle? I took delivery on December 29th. Just wondering how long this might take, as it's usually immediate with regular dealers. I don't mind a couple more days, but I don't want to be paying interest on a loan for a car I do not have, especially since I had to pay interest on the new car for a few days before I took delivery.

For those of you who have traded in a vehicle when purchasing your model Y (or I guess any other model), how long did it take for Tesla to pay your lien-holder of your trade-in vehicle? I took delivery on December 29th. Just wondering how long this might take, as it's usually immediate with regular dealers. I don't mind a couple more days, but I don't want to be paying interest on a loan for a car I do not have, especially since I had to pay interest on the new car for a few days before I took delivery.
Stay on it with Tesla, some people have reported taking 2+ months...

Took delivery on 12/16 and Chase (Tesla loan) was paid on 12/23. Interest was about a dollar a day.