Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long to get $1,000 deposit back from request?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But if your bank is hacked they'd already have all your info.

you might be too afraid to use a computer, but your bank isn't.

And if you have credit at all then the credit bureaus have all your info electronically stored too.

So does virtually every company you still write antique paper checks out to.

Not to mention- if you did all this online you'd never have to waste "endless hours" dealing with it. It'd take 30 seconds to report fraud on a card, and you're done.

Ironically, a common cause of ID theft is folks not doing online banking.

Since they're still back in the last century getting paper statements and such it's common for their info to be stolen that way (and on the back end when they toss out that paperwork)

And one of the best ways to prevent ID theft is a credit freeze... which is quick and easy to do online... (and, much like banking, a lot more of a pain to do the old fashioned way).

*rotfl*

I've also got a cool bridge to sell you. Cheap.

First- you won't give your electronic info to your bank, but you gave it to lifelock? Bad news!

LifeLock Security Bug Puts Millions of Customer Emails at Risk

But apart from that irony... as Consumer Reports points out you get arguably more benefit than paying LL by just doing a credit freeze. Which is often free.

Is LifeLock Worth the Cost?

All LL does is "watch" your ID and let you know when someone engaged in fraud.

Which you'd have found out free just by paying attention- or likely avoided entirely with credit freezes.

In fact LL had to pay a $100 million fine to the FTC for overselling what they really did

And that wasn't the first time they've been in trouble with the FTC for conning people afraid to use online services like yourself-
No Longer Trust LifeLock? What's a Consumer to Do?

Fair enough.... that said, it's your money and time, but I'd suggest you stop wasting it on lifelock, move into the electronic banking era so you don't need 3 calls and paperwork to dispute a charge, and throw freezes on your credit reports if you're concerned about ID theft... (it takes like 2 minutes to temporarily lift them if needed to open new credit and offers a ton more preventative protection than LL does)

WTF does my use of Lifelock have to do with Tesla?! For the record, I don’t want or seek advice from @Kingshade ...about anything. I’m pretty sure folks come to TMC to learn about Tesla and its EVs/products. Please actually accept my truce suggestion and stop posting on someone else’s thread about how smart you are regarding online banking. Okay? If @Knightshade really wants to educate me about all topics where he’s a Subject Matter Expert, please PM me and I’ll give him my email or Post Office Box (since he thinks I’m too “afraid” to use the interweb thingy). Many thanks for saving the TMC community from this showmanship of who’s the king of online banking! ...when the post is about something 100% unrelated. :mad: