Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long to wait before washing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

My experience with washing cars before this is just going to whatever car wash is closest, so trying to up my game a little with my Model 3.

Took delivery Monday, and read that you should wait a certain amount of time to wash/wax a new car. Anyone have any experience with this?

Bought Wash Wax ALL waterless wash to clean the car with, and was wondering when it would be safe to start using. Any advice would be appreciated.

Good question, especially considering my new M3 was probably painted within a couple of weeks of delivery (last Monday). I am guessing at least a couple of months before waxing. I also assume careful spot cleaning with a ONR detailing product and soft micro fiber is OK. Anyone have experience with new paint / waxing? Will appreciate your recommendations.

The day after delivery mine was washed, ppf’d, tinted, and nano ceramic coated. Wanted work done before birds or rocks could damage paint. That seems to be a pretty common occurrence. The shop that did the work had several temp plated new cars there.

You should be just fine waxing it as soon as you get it. In the factory, cars are typically baked after painting to ensure they're fully cured. Main time to wait is if you have repair work where only part of the car is repainted. Then, afaik, it is best to wait about a month.