Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much vinyl needed for complete chrome delete?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you've done any chrome delete yourself or are a professional installer, how much Vinyl does the model 3 need for a complete chrome delete? I've seen (2ftx32ft) X2 but that seems a bit much?

The longest section is the long chrome piece on the upper window where it's 1 piece. That's about 10 feet alone.

I'm trying to buy some and not sure what would be too much or too little.

Thanks

We do a few of these chrome delete jobs per month. It really depends on how picky you are. The fewer seams you have, the cleaner the install looks. The Model 3 has a long chrome part above the windows that is around 105 inches long and less than 2 inches wide. You can buy 2 inch wide vinyl for little cost. but the part around the back/side triangle window is shaped like a boomarang and needs a bigger piece to do it in 1 piece. Same it true for the mirror parts. If you are fine with the seams, then just get the 2 inch wide roll. If you want it more professional looking, you'll need to order 3 yards of material and will cost around $100. The vinyl we buy comes in 60 in wide rolls and can be purchased by the yard. you'll have a lot left over but the install will be better.

check out Fellers.com or VVividshop.com for purchasing. You don't have to be a sign/wrap shop to buy from them. We use the 3M-1080, Vvivid, and Avery vinyls most of the time.

We do a few of these chrome delete jobs per month. It really depends on how picky you are. The fewer seams you have, the cleaner the install looks. The Model 3 has a long chrome part above the windows that is around 105 inches long and less than 2 inches wide. You can buy 2 inch wide vinyl for little cost. but the part around the back/side triangle window is shaped like a boomarang and needs a bigger piece to do it in 1 piece. Same it true for the mirror parts. If you are fine with the seams, then just get the 2 inch wide roll. If you want it more professional looking, you'll need to order 3 yards of material and will cost around $100. The vinyl we buy comes in 60 in wide rolls and can be purchased by the yard. you'll have a lot left over but the install will be better.

check out Fellers.com or VVividshop.com for purchasing. You don't have to be a sign/wrap shop to buy from them. We use the 3M-1080, Vvivid, and Avery vinyls most of the time.

That's exactly what I'm looking for - a nice clean install. Aside from the "sample size", everything from Vvivid is 5 feet by X feet.

Regarding the long window piece that we both mentioned, it looks like i have no choice but to buy the 5 feet by 10 feet wrap. Would 1 of those be enough to cover both sides? I suppose I could ask them to cut the wrap in half so it'd be 2.5 feet by X feet but I'm not sure if that's even an option.

Can you give me a more accurate representation of what I should buy?

Thanks

Reactions: e-FTW