Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much will the tax credit amount affect you accepting delivery?

To what extent will the tax credit affect your decision to take delivery?

• The price reduction was enough, even if credit went to $0 I'd take delivery

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • If the tax credit is reduced to $3750 I'd still take delivery but not if it went to $0

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • If I don't get the full $7500 I won't take delivery

Votes: 23 57.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I won't take delivery if it is anything less than $7,500. With the price reduction and $7,500 it broke through breakeven on a 6-7 year hold period compared to other cars I was looking at. I always wanted a Tesla, so getting one at the right price would be great, but I also am not a huge fan of the USS being removed among other things. I'm March 12-31 still, so right on the cusp if anything changes.

Reactions: arbitrage000
agreed, though ive been estimating on the low end for my trade anyway ($10k max?) and ive including a swing of 3k in either direction as a buffer. My guess is that with demand where it is they wont include a discount unless they get absolutely massive cancellations

Reactions: arbitrage000
The price reduction was enough for me but the $7500 would just be the cherry on top. I had an old 2007 beater (stick shift). I had been WFH for the past 5 years so didn't really need a new car. I recently got a new job and will be in a hybrid role. The drive will be to West LA so I would be sitting 1hr in traffic. So it was time to get a new ride. I originally ordered the MYLR5 but EDD was end of March. Was thinking I wouldn't get the full $7500 tax credit anyways, I replaced it with a MYP I found in inventory. This was a couple days prior to the IRS changing it to $80k eligibility. My delivery date is scheduled for 2/16. Guess it all worked out for me in the end.

I just received my vin and I am still up in the air on whether I should get the Model Y LR. I locked in at the $52,990 and will receive the full $7500 tax credit.

Car are a depreciating asset. The question is how much depreciation will the Model Y have in 5 years after the tax credit and getting in on the low end cost of the Model Y.