Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How the !$%& do I get my bluetooth through the speakers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cannot for the life of me figure it out.

Bluetooth works absolutely fine. If I get a call it goes through BT, if I play spotify through my phone it goes through BT, but that's really where it ends. If I'm using Waze and want audio alerts you can forget it, nothing comes through. If I'm sitting in a parkinglot just browsing Tiktok for a minute, zero audio. Am I missing something?

I've checked the outputs, I've checked the inputs, I've checked the source, I just don't get it. Has anyone had this issue?

I cannot for the life of me figure it out.

Bluetooth works absolutely fine. If I get a call it goes through BT, if I play spotify through my phone it goes through BT, but that's really where it ends. If I'm using Waze and want audio alerts you can forget it, nothing comes through. If I'm sitting in a parkinglot just browsing Tiktok for a minute, zero audio. Am I missing something?

I've checked the outputs, I've checked the inputs, I've checked the source, I just don't get it. Has anyone had this issue?
Are you playing music through a service on the Tesla screen like Apple Music? If so, audio from your phone won’t connect. You have to click the Bluetooth icon.

Can you please elaborate on this for an Iphone or post a pic of the screenshot

I don't own an iPhone. But in Windows and Android you can select a different audio output device for each application. I don't think there's actually a standard for this, but it's usually controlled inside the individual apps. I would look in the app settings rather than the phone settings.