Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Temporarily swapped from my MYP to an M3 (loaner).

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First off, it’s only been a few hours and I already want my MYP back.

Anyway, I had to leave my MYP at a service center because I finally decided to get the rear(?) Bluetooth sensor/antennae checked out. I mentioned it in the past random replies, that I have trouble opening my hatch if I walk toward the MYP from anywhere directly behind. It just won’t unlock the car. If I walk close to the doors first, it unlocks fine. For the longest time, I simply treated that as “normal,” which it clearly isn’t.

It was a separate issue that prompted me to have this dealt with. About a week and a half ago, I went to a car wash, and that started some weirdness with my right side mirror. Every couple of drives, I would get in and find the mirror facing down. I’d adjust it and then “rinse and repeat.” Quite annoying when I have to do many trips for deliveries. So that happened on a Friday and Saturday. On Saturday night, I decided to make the appointment and have the trunk checked out too, but put it off till Sunday. On Sunday, the mirror seemed fine, but I decided to go through with the appointment anyway. The annoying thing is, on Tuesday, I got in the car to find the mirror facing upward this time. I didn’t go anywhere on Monday, so it could’ve moved up then. It hasn’t done anything else since that one time facing up, so I’m guessing that it “corrected” itself or something,

Note, I asked them through chat to have it checked out as part of the service just to be sure… the estimate for hardware and software work (plus labor), if needed, for that mirror was $1200!!! On the other hand, the trunk was $0 (zero). :/

Anyway, back to the title. They’re holding my car overnight so the assigned tech can look at it and they gave me an M3 as a loaner. Goddamn it’s low… I’ve smack my back into the roofline twice already trying to get in. Because I didn’t want to change too many settings, including the easy entry setting, it’s super cramp trying to get it… I’ll fix that later, but there’s no changing that roofline. My 2010 Honda Fit sits pretty low too, but the roofline is higher.

Could be a previous driver it was loaned to or a tech, but the something in the front left is causing the shakes, as if a wheel was unbalanced. It was quite unpleasant going home in the highway. There’s definitely damage on the wheel cover, sowing someone curbed it, but not sure if that’s enough to make it vibrate like that.

The tech actually offered the option of the S or 3 and I originally chose the S, but I have this homemade mug holder that sits on the center console of my MYP. So the tech gave me the 3 instead because it has a similar console and the S doesn’t have a center console (I think?).