Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to calculate per kWh cost of home charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_5202.jpeg

I have time of day rate, so I have off peak and on peak

but there are so many different numbers? Can anyone tell me what I’m paying per kWh for off peak and on peak?

I think off peak is like .18? But the on peak numbers don’t make sense so I can’t figure it out

You are looking at the ramifications of having a choice in power providers.

Separate the on-peak and off-peak numbers.

It appears that there is a step change once you pass 218 kWh and then again 345 kWh (218+127)
The combined and decoupling charges both seem to also have step changes at 787 kWh

This basically says that once you get to a certain amount of energy, your price changes. But odds are that your normal usage already took you into the high tier, so you can ignore the lower ones.

So On-peak = $.144438+$.073019+$0 + fixed costs
Off-peak = $.0 + $.073019 + $.0 + fixed costs

Incremental fixed costs = $.013308 + $.000405

On-peak $0.23
Off-peak $0.09

If my math is correct.

You evidently have chosen a rate with on-peak and off-peak components. You may want to call CPL Customer Service for more information.

Reactions: fsb1
Thanks! I think you’re close
But you’d also have to add the distrubution charge to off peak, which is .073019

So that’s .163019 for off peak, but then there are those two other charges for the decoupling adjustment

And for your on peak calculations you’d have to add the generation chargers - of .089900 so that’s .3199 for on peak?

But there are two on peak transmission prices
109639 And 144438

Plus the decoupling charges - so idk how to calculate all that since it’s different prices for different rates