Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to enter trade-in info?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I originally thought my Y would be delivered to me in Norman, so on my account page I said I didn't have a trade-in. Since I now know I'm picking up in Plano, TX, I'll get a Carmax offer locally, which Tesla will match, and trade in when I drive the old car to Plano.

I've been emailing back and forth to a Tesla employee in Las Vegas. She emailed me info on TX registration details, but I'm in OK! (I had already uploaded my and wife's DL info, etc.) She hasn't followed up on that, but she said I should meanwhile enter my trade-in details.

Tl;dr: Where do I enter these details? On My Account page, under Payment Method, it says, You have chosen to pay for your Tesla in full. I see no option to go back.

Thanks in advance!

I originally thought my Y would be delivered to me in Norman, so on my account page I said I didn't have a trade-in. Since I now know I'm picking up in Plano, TX, I'll get a Carmax offer locally, which Tesla will match, and trade in when I drive the old car to Plano.

I've been emailing back and forth to a Tesla employee in Las Vegas. She emailed me info on TX registration details, but I'm in OK! (I had already uploaded my and wife's DL info, etc.) She hasn't followed up on that, but she said I should meanwhile enter my trade-in details.

Tl;dr: Where do I enter these details? On My Account page, under Payment Method, it says, You have chosen to pay for your Tesla in full. I see no option to go back.

Thanks in advance!
At least for the M3, you would get a text message w/ a link for the Trade In people and then provide information and pictures.