Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to keep car on without key inside?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With my MS, if I wanted to keep the car on without me being inside, I can open one of the doors and then close it only halfway so that it clicks but doesn't latch all the way. This is useful let's say if kids are in the car and I want to keep the AC and music on, but need to get out to drop something in the mailbox real quick.

I am wondering if you can do something similar on the MX? I tried at the showroom but it seems like there is no way to close a door "half way", it seems to just suck it in automatically and close it shut. So is there some way to do what I described above?

Yes in the Model X you press on the fan button and it will bring up the menu where you can toggle "Keep AC ON (when car is off)". For the display/music though, you'll have to have the kids press on the screen as soon as you exit.

So when doing this can you have the door partially latched but just not all the way, or does it still stay"open"?

No. If you partially latch the door it will soft-close regardless of auto door settings. Well actually you can if you try hard enough, but there is a better solution:-

As above, you can just set the A/C to stay on as you are leaving the car (can do this in the S too)

Reactions: xanatos
Yes in the Model X you press on the fan button and it will bring up the menu where you can toggle "Keep AC ON (when car is off)". For the display/music though, you'll have to have the kids press on the screen as soon as you exit.

Not true. As soon as you put the car to "Park" you can turn on the "Keep AC ON" even if you're still inside.