Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to merge homes in iOS app? Had Wall-chargers, added Powerwalls.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

phantasms

Mr Self Destruct
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2019
White Mountains, NH
Hi all,

A few months ago I added my two wall chargers to my iOS app and it created a home as I didn't have solar or powerwalls yet. Recently I added three powerwalls and when I went through the commissioning process it created another "house" on my app. Now I have two homes. One with powerwalls and one with wall chargers. This is physically the same house. I tried the support on the apps but no luck. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Thank you!

Best,
Gene

I have seen a few people ask some variation of this question but I havent seen any verified solutions. I dont think there is any user facing way to change this. What I would suggest would be contacting the powerwall support phone line to ask them. There is still a tier 1 help desk phone support structure for powerwall support, and I would try that.

877-961-7652, select powerwall support, and ask them about the powerwall information visible in the app. Not sure they can help but its the best place to ask (since they still will help you with powerwall support via phone).

• Love
Reactions: phantasms
I thought about that too, but I don’t want to go through the process of reconnecting /linking the two wall connectors…that may be a last resort though
Did some research and the only way to remove Wall Connectors from the app is to submit a support ticket to the Wall Connector team (via Wall Connector > Support in the mobile app).

Instead, I'll try to find a way to get Tesla to merge my two homes - the one with the Wall Connectors and the one with my solar and Powerwall. I'm amazed that the ability to do this in-app is not there...

• Informative
Did some research and the only way to remove Wall Connectors from the app is to submit a support ticket to the Wall Connector team (via Wall Connector > Support in the mobile app).

Instead, I'll try to find a way to get Tesla to merge my two homes - the one with the Wall Connectors and the one with my solar and Powerwall. I'm amazed that the ability to do this in-app is not there...
I'm trying to do the exact same thing.

I had an issue where I helped a friend setup her Wall Connector and it made a second home. I emailed [email protected] and they were able to remove the 2nd My Home (and her Wall Connector).

Just two days ago I had solar and a Powerwall installed - now I have two "My Home's" again. One with the Solar+PowerWall and one with just the Wall Connector.

I emailed them - no reply. Sent a follow up today. I'll post back if I hear anything, but you might want to email them. Be sure to include the SN for your Wall Connector and the Gateway. You can easily copy them from the app.

I'm trying to do the exact same thing.

I had an issue where I helped a friend setup her Wall Connector and it made a second home. I emailed [email protected] and they were able to remove the 2nd My Home (and her Wall Connector).

Just two days ago I had solar and a Powerwall installed - now I have two "My Home's" again. One with the Solar+PowerWall and one with just the Wall Connector.

I emailed them - no reply. Sent a follow up today. I'll post back if I hear anything, but you might want to email them. Be sure to include the SN for your Wall Connector and the Gateway. You can easily copy them from the app.
I forgot to post back in this thread, but I solved it. Similar to what you did.

I did a chat support session with the Wall Connector team, and they were able to remove my wall connectors from my account right away. Then, I just had to re-add them to by scanning the QR codes of each Wall Connector. After you scan it, the Tesla app will show you a list of your "Homes" (aka "sites") and ask which one you want to add it to (or create a new Home).

Reactions: queenamydala
I forgot to post back in this thread, but I solved it. Similar to what you did.

I did a chat support session with the Wall Connector team, and they were able to remove my wall connectors from my account right away. Then, I just had to re-add them to by scanning the QR codes of each Wall Connector. After you scan it, the Tesla app will show you a list of your "Homes" (aka "sites") and ask which one you want to add it to (or create a new Home).
Thanks for this tip. Was able to hop on Chat today and they removed it just like that. Then I could add it back!!!! Was surprised Chat worked so well!

Where in the app does one initiate the chat? Thank you!
I did it via the web app: https://www.tesla.com/contactus

Then choose Energy > Wall connector
IMG_3036.png

• Love
I tried filing a support ticket myself via the app but nothing came of it.

Instead I called 877-961-7652 like jjrandorin@ suggested, and selected option 2 for Powerwall. The Tesla Agent took the Gateway and Wall Connector serial numbers and filed an internal request for me. They explained Tesla would archive the Wall Connector home, and move the Wall Connectors to the Powerwall home. About three hours later my Powerwalls (2) and Wall Connectors (2) were all in the same home on the app.

Hope that's helpful to others in the same situation.