Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to preheat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fellow IL here. I understand the struggle. There are a few ways you can do it. 1) Log into the app and set the climate for the car. It should only take about 5 min for it to be comfortable. The other way it to set a “scheduled departure” where you put your Days and hours you normally leave and the car will essentially be fully charged and warm by the time you get in.

Fellow IL here. I understand the struggle. There are a few ways you can do it. 1) Log into the app and set the climate for the car. It should only take about 5 min for it to be comfortable. The other way it to set a “scheduled departure” where you put your Days and hours you normally leave and the car will essentially be fully charged and warm by the time you get in.
yup, beat me to it. That's what I do. Although I do have heated steering wheel and really love that feature as well. It warms up fast.

Reactions: jimmym1981
A 3rd (and easier) way is to use TeslaFi.

You can set temp/time/days you wish, BOTH for the morning as well as evening commute.

You can also specify that it should only preheat/precool at certain locations (i.e. it won't do your normal morning preheat if you are traveling, for example).

Reactions: Matsayz
How to preheat? Load the app and press this one button. Couldn’t be any easier.

7C443417-4BD1-49D0-9A06-BD35303D0028.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Matsayz
That is easy! VERY glad to hear. Is theTesla app pretty good too? Some apps take 10 seconds to even open.

the Tesla app is excellent. It’s robust, reliable and typical load times are under 15 seconds. Load times are very fast (under 5 seconds) if the car is already awake (actively charging or recently occupied) and a little longer if it’s asleep.

Reactions: SSedan
Also, if you plan on leaving the house in 5 minutes is that enough time to preheat the car? Might be hard forr you guys to answer with it being warm out now though? Thanks again!

That might be enough to take the chill off inside the car but totally depends on how cold it is or garage vs outside, covered in snow... let’s just say having the app gives you options when it’s stupid cold outside or balls hot!

I’m in Vegas and I love telling Siri to set the temp on the way out of my office when it’s 107*F

Reactions: neutrino
Another option, and one I plan on doing with my MY, is an app on your cell phone called Tasker ($3.49 but I already owned it) and the Tesla App plugin ($.99). I dont know if there is an Apple version as Apple iOS is pretty locked down.

Anyhow, I plan on creating a scheduled (and manual) task on my phone that detects the inside temp, outside temp and sets the climate controls automatically for me depending on the current conditions. I plan on setting at 4:20pm task to check and set AC or defrost windows before I get off work at 430. In the morning I will let the car do it with scheduled departure. Just before leaving something like a movie theater (assuming we ever get to go back to them), hit the manual shortcut I have on my phone's screen.

This is not my link, but here is a YouTube explaining it.

The northeast where I live has had a very cool spring. So since March I’ve used the app to pre-heat the cabin AND to turn on the heated seats on my MY.
Now that summer-like weather has arrived I routinely use it to pre-cool the cabin about 5 minutes before getting in.
LR/AWD/FSD/20” wheels/Blue/Black

About the "scheduled departure" -- you can only do that from inside the car, correct? I don't see anything in the mobile app to set a schedule.