Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to reach Executive Support?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

So I purchased a ‘16 Model 75X with HW2 2 months ago out of state. I was happy to get the options I wanted and before purchasing I reviewed the photos which showed no damage and verified with Tesla delivery. Fast forward to pickup day and I notice damage to the car. Back glass damage and spoiler damage with some minor scratches. Tesla agrees to fix and I start the drive home. First supercharger stop, I notice two minor dents that showed under the parking lot lights. I didn’t notice before because the car was black and it was near dusk. I immediately call the dealership and they are closed ,so I call the very next morning to document. They initially put up a fight saying I caused the damage. I took pictures of the vehicle at the dealership to text to the wife which when zoomed in proved the damage was already there for one of the dents. The second dent was on the inside jamb of the FWD and since I couldn’t prove it, I chalked it up as my fault for being rushed at delivery.

Fast forward a few weeks and I schedule to get the damage fixed. I bring the car in and a guy walks around the vehicle with me to document any damage. He rubs the wheels on the inside and says it feels rough, so I’m going to mark them as scuffed. I said, no way! There is no damage to the wheels and no rash. There were a couple of tiny body scratches which he documented and I had no problem with. He also documented some scuffing on the rubber air dam piece underneath the front of the car on each side and circled the bumper on each side. I ask Tesla to get me a quote on the inside jamb dent and I left with a loaner. The dent ends up costing me out of pocket $500 because of where it falls on a curved piece. I thought it over and said, expensive lesson go ahead and fix it. Picked up car today and ask to look it over. I immediately noticed a 12 inch long scratch on the door and on each side of the bumper by the fog light, there was rash.

I ask for the walk around paperwork and the original guy comes out huffing and puffing saying that the damage was already there. I politely told him that he originally circled each bumper because of the air dam scuffing on each side. He vehemently says no and talks down to me like I’m a high school kid. I expressed I will not pay again for something I didn’t do. I said, why would I pay $500 for a eraser head size dent and not fix minor road rash? Service says a manager will call me within 30-60 mins, which hasnt happened. This is my third Tesla and I own a X and a 3. Every time I have to bring my car to service, I’m now worried about the condition it will be in. When I initially dropped off the car, the dealership parking lot was loaded with cars and my cars bumper was within a inch of another car front and back. I also witnessed a owner back into another S and the service manager yelled at the owner like somehow all those other cars weren’t a factor. I’m saddened by the treatment I received. Tesla is treating me like I’m trying to pull a fast one over them. My whole life I have lived with honesty and integrity. It’s what drew me to Tesla. Now, I don’t trust Tesla. I love the cars, not the service.

So thank you for letting me vent, I tried looking for an executive support option and it’s missing on my Tesla account. I tried sending a msg to the board and it says access denied. Appreciate any help